Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

FSUIPC programming

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi,I'm new in the world of flight sims and I try use VB code to interface with FS. I hooked 2 PCs with FSUIPC and WideFS used the SDK to send and receive info to and from FS2004. I was successfull with some readings (clock) and writings (pause) but when I try the throttle control it doesn't work, I use the 088C offset. What I'm doing wrong??Anybody have experience with VB for that kind of program?Anybody have sample code for writing offsets to FS.I want to use the second PC to control everything (radio stack, throttle, mixture and all other controls) is it possible?Thanks for any help.Michel (newbie)

Guest High Octane

Michel1. I would help you out to find out what you did wrong. But without posting codes there is no way I can help.2. Why write offset 088C? Are yuu using it for modificiation oon throttle values f else?Again, with insufficent information, This is not going to get me to help you.

Dim dwResult As LongDim GAS As LongPrivate Sub btnGAS_Click()GAS = 10000Call FSUIPC_Write(&H88C, 2, VarPtr(GAS), dwResult)Call FSUIPC_Process(dwResult)End SubThis will write 10,000 to the throttle position in 088C. Obviously, you'd actually obtain the value from reading an input from an axis, or increment / decrement it based on a button input.Bear in mind that if you have a throttle axis defined in FS, then a few ms after you write 10,000 to 088C, it'll be overwritten by FS reading the axis position."I want to use the second PC to control everything (radio stack, throttle, mixture and all other controls) is it possible?"Yes it is. I'd hesitate about putting the throttle on a second PC though. Any time you're combining IPC and network traffic, there are delays built in. You might well get a discernable lag between physical throttle movements and the software reponse in FS. For mixture it's less critical, and things like Avionics the delay wouldn't matter at all. RichardRichard

Guest CaptnKebec

Thanks for your help.Since it's better to manipulate the throttle on the main pc, I will need more gameports on the PC!My yoke is using two axes, the mixture and throttle will use the 2 axes from the second joystick connection of the same gameport but my rudder pedals need 3 axes (2 toebrakes and the rudders) so is there a way to add another gameport, like buy another cheap sound card with a gameport? Or is there other way to connect such device?Thanks again!

Guest SHORT360

Take a look here:www.betainnovations.comI do use Plasma V1. Great item for less money. 16 axises and 64 inputs and many other feature. It is a must have for a cockpit builder. USB Plug and play, jitter filtering and more.....Furthermore, Leo the guy who runs Betainnovations is a very smart and nice one.CheersRoger

Multiple gameport setups tend to be a bit "iffy". Better bet is an input card with more axes, like the Plasma suggested below, or hacking a USB joystick for your additional axes.Richard

Guest CaptnKebec

Thanks all for your help,I will use the code you provided and I finally buy a USB joystick to get the other axis.Thanks

Guest jpcxcf

I use 2 USB joysticks that I took apart and have the axis for 2 throttles, spoiler, flaps,elevator, rudder, aileron, and it works great.Not to mention the buttons that come with it and the hat switch wich i'm going to use with the yoke trim.Best regards,Pedro