Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenamt

FSBUS Stepper Help needed

Guest kenamt

Hello allI just got my FS stepper board build and having a little trouble.I get the board to work but only when the jumperon the COMM board is set to flash. When I put the jumpers back to normal - the stepper stopps working.The other problem is I get voltage out to OUTPUT 1 only.I can see the motor voltage is going to 1 and not to 2,3,4.I have checked and rechecked the board and it is wired up per the plans. SO I have two problem - first will to be getting the board to work when the COMM jumper is in the normal position. I have tested to see what pin 1 (AT90S2313) is doing - 12 volt when jumper is in flash mode and 5 volt when in the normal position.As for the other 3 wires not getting power? I can feel the motor ticking and with a voltmeter I see 5 volts on pin 11 on the L293D and no power on 6,14,3.BTW - Pin 14 is OUT4 and Pin 11 is OUT3 - The FSBUS plans show the other way around. Also - any help on where the jumper pin are connected on the stepper board?Any help from other builders out there?^ThanksKen Trager

Guest kenamt

WellAny one out there using the FSBUS system for stepper motors?I looked into the diagram and it seems to be working onlywith the COMM in the flash mode.Any help out thereKen

Guest romeo_charlie

Yeah, us, but we can't even flsh the code with the pony program :-(

Guest kenamt

>Yeah, us, but we can't even flsh the code with the pony>program :-(Here is what I used to flash the chip- http://www.iguanalabs.com/2051prog.htm- PG302 Device Programmer includes Cable, Power Supply, Software and Shipping) 79$Everything I needed to do the job was in the kit. I have no problem flashing in the program and senting the CIDnumber to the chip.One thing Iam going to look into is a 20Mhz Cyl vs 4MhzI am going to keep trying different things..Ken