Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

Separate monitor for radio stack

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi,Is there a way to show only the radio stack (full screen) on a separate monitor using WideFS. I want to use a monitor for the external view, another on the same PC (running FS) for the gauges and another one using WideFS showing the radio stack.I want to put the monitor on it's side and use a software like Pivot pro to rotate the desktop 90 degree, this way the radio stack would look more real.ThanksMichel

You don't need WideFs to run the radio panel on a separate monitor on the same PC, and it won't work on a second PC that way. You need a stand-along program to read and display the avionics onfo over WideFS.Richard

Guest CaptnKebec

OK,but is there a existing program I can use or I have to program one myself??ThanksMichel

Guest fbilhaut

I recently developped a photo-realistic radio stack based on bendix-king photos. It works with WideFS and is developped in C# (so you need to have the .NET runtime installed, available for free at Microsoft's). But since I don't use it anymore (I found enough money to buy goflight modules ;o), it's not very finished yet (for example it's not resizable). If you're interested I can put it online, and release the sources if you wish to ehance it. Please contact me at fbilhaut(at)xineo(dot)netHere is a screenshot :http://www.xineo.net/pub/screenshot.jpgBest regards,

Nice, I did the same thing, using the same Bendix-King advertising photos as my background, too. Only difference was I used VB not C++Richard

Guest gasebah

As WideFS does not support gauges I would suggest the following:Use projectmagenta (I guess you are going GA? GAIFR works great) for the pimary flight instruments. This can be done from a 2nd computer. On the FS machine run the outsde view and the avionics panel.That is the way I have done it. I used a touchscreen for the avionics panel whic is great. Take a lok at my setup here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=189708&page=4 I doubt that a software liek pivot pro will work with FS9 after the change reagarding how FS handles multi monitors. I have done that with FS2K2 but Fs9 is a different animal. Also see my answer to your other post.Alex

Another option could be.Run FS on the PC you want to show the radiostack on. Connect it to the server via WIDEVIEW (NOT widefs). Do only show the radiostack on this pc and disable all the other windows.To rotate 90 degrees:I always use NVIDEA, there is a option in the driver to rotate the screen 90/180/270 degrees. Do not know about ATI or other brands.regardsNorbert

Guest CaptnKebec

I tried Pivot with FS9, and it worked, except that it disable 3D accelaration, I will probably use one of the program built by other cockpit builder or program one myself. Since those can run on a separate computer with WideFS and they don't need much power,it would work with pivot.Also, I was thinking about a weird idea, I'm gonna try to program the radio stack already on the side! In that way I won't need Pivot and won't loose power. But I don't know in VB if I can write text sideway??Thanks for your advices, I'll do some experiments.CheersMichel

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi,OK, I test writing sideway in VB, it's possible with some API. So I will program a sideway radio panel!Where did you found the photo for your background??ThanksCheers, Michel

Guest PoRrEkE

why make all this so hard.try using wideview instead of widefs.widefs is for programs running on client pc's linked to your sim pc via network.wideview is for linking fs pc's via netwrok. not sure though if you can input via the client pc (tuning your radios witht he mouse on the client).however, you can use the client pc for outside view or something else that doesn't require mouse input.if you use keyboard encoder or keyboard input and not mouse, you can send the input to your host pc and it will show the changes on your client pc.i use wideview.my main host pc is a P4 2.4 which will show 1 outside view and 1 gauge panel (built in behind the cockpit left panel).then the client pc is a celeron 500 and will show nothing but 1 gauge panel (built in behind the cockpit center panel).all gauges show correct values on the client pc. only 1 thing doesn't work which is a little white bug which should show the torque set via the engine rate panel but i don't mind that not to work if all other gauges show correct values.

>i use wideview.>my main host pc is a P4 2.4 which will show 1 outside view and>1 gauge panel (built in behind the cockpit left panel).>then the client pc is a celeron 500 and will show nothing but>1 gauge panel (built in behind the cockpit center panel).>all gauges show correct values on the client pc. only 1 thing>doesn't work which is a little white bug which should show the>torque set via the engine rate panel but i don't mind that not>to work if all other gauges show correct values.Why not just put a PCI videocard to your computer? (old Matrox Millenium or such works great) - I mean, as an extra card in addition to the AGP 3D Monster Card you have already for scenery view.Adding PCI cards works OK for FS panels - those that are just 2D gauges. It does not work for 3d views.This way someone said he had 5 monitors, one 3D outside view and 4 monitors for gauge panels.I am using 1 monitor for outside view and one monitor on the PCI matrox for my gauges.http://tigert.gimp.org/tigert-albums/homec...t/aab.sized.jpgThe radiostack uses a small LCD display for the frequency display and is controlled by FSLCD (www.mikkila.org/fsbus/) - even though the digits are all in one 20 characters x 4 lines LCD screen, it works pretty fine. But the main point was that one does not need many computers to have several screens for *gauges*.//Tuomas

Guest PoRrEkE

They Tuomas, I hear ya dude :)I have the FSlcd as well remember. I'm still waiting for that updated version where you can toggle between data-widnows on it.'Bout the displays let me rephrase it:I have 1 P4 2.4 with a GForce 2 Ti 500 (bottleneck) with only 1 output for the outside view. Then I have an S3Virge PCI card for 1 gauge panel.I am now thinking of making this P4 my slave instead of my host. I want to make full use of the Celeron 500 and than get as much FPS and visual detail out of the P4 for the outside view. That's why I got the second computer. It only cost me 100 euro the Celeron 500 so I fugured for that money ... why not ?!I would love to have 3 outside views but I don't think one can realise that with only 1 pc for a reasonable price yet. I think I would need a Pahrelia card then and those are still to expencive I think.Someone knows how good it works to use 2 monitors on a dual head card and use both monitors for outside view ??