Sign in to follow this  
Guest rahulsh

Automatic throttles?

Guest firmo

Hi Ray,There are a lot of entries in this forum about auto throttle mechanisms for FS but I have yet to see a detailed explanation of one that has been implemented and is working. Not only the mechanical part but also the software.I imagine that using FSUIPC would simplify things.You seem to have implemented one. Could you post details and some pictures?Best,Firmo

I use EPICINFO, from Peter Dowson, which provides throttle lever position info:Offset: Name: Range:129 ENGINE1_THROTTLE_LEVER_POS 0

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest firmo

Thanks for the reply Ray.Looking foward to your pictures, in particular to the details in the coupling of the driving motor and the throttle levers.When the auto pilot is not engaged do you disconnect the motor from the levers or do you use friction coupling.Best,Firmo

That's the beauty of using the friction coupling. There's no complicated disconnect devices to manage.Because the motors are geared down so much, the entire drive mechanism is stationary when not under A/P Control, allowing the friction clutch to provide enough tactile feedback for a smooth feel across the entire throttle throw range, as well as allowing the levers to move freely.

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest High Octane

Ray, Mind if I as... what kind of motor are you using??

Guest allistah

I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures and any info you can give us about this. I'm sure that many people would love this info. I also can't wait to see the pics!! :-)Thanks,-Allistah

Guest rahulsh

Ray,While you are at it, would it be possible for you to post some lessons learnt or things to watch out for in building this? I'm sure we could really use your experience to take on the learning curve on autothrottles.Cant wait for the pics... :( BTW, I am in the process of trying out the FSBUS CCC layout for a possible autothrottle setup - if I'm successful, I'll post it over the weekend.Rahul SharmaNew Delhi, India.vt737ng@yahoo.com

Guest High Octane

Ray,Offset: Name: Range:129 ENGINE1_THROTTLE_LEVER_POS 0