Sign in to follow this  
Guest gat12

Outside views

Guest PoRrEkE

At first the reason was quite simple. The F50 panel from Espen was not FS9 compatible.Now the reasons are:fsuipc for fs9 is not freewarewideview for fs9 is not freewarethe edited special for me customised panel from Espen is probably not FS9 compatibleI am not sure if FS9 will run on my Celeron 500 slave pcShure I concider making the move to FS9 but I am building for 1.5 years now and still not flying. So my first priority is to get my bird in the air. Which means that I'll maybe have to buy a new interface because my order with simcockpit.nl is still not here (after more than 6 months now). This hits hard when you are on a tight budget. So getting payware is at this time not in my mind.

Guest PoRrEkE

My choise would be 3 monitors and not projector. Sure projector gives you a big image, but you don't see anything more. Plus from your point of view the monitor is closer than the projection screen so it stays +/- the same. Much nicer to have 3 monitors. Be able to see where you go while taxiing. Be able to see the runway sooner when turning final .. I'd love this so much more than a projector which will cost you more money in the future when the lamp needs replacement ...

Guest Alkit

Philippe,You made me to "rethink" the display option again!!Alkit

So we are spending lots of time, effort and also money to this hobby.. Pete Dowson asks for 23 euros for FSUIPC, that is the most important thing that makes all this possible.. ;)//Tuomas

Guest Erups

>what is your system???Amd XP2600+1gig ram pc333Ati 9600pro (kinda XT 'cause it's overclocked by default)About the scenery i fly over (it's italy):i have completely changed the autogen, installed new textures, new landpack (triples memory usage), new 100+ megs mesh scenery.Add to this the single airports.Sometimes FS goes as high as 700mb!I have all sliders maxed out, and fps blocked at 20.Now try Milan Malpensa + Milan VFR by ISD (www.isdproject.com) and let me know how does your parhelia perform :)My computer does practically surrender in this scenario, especially with complex airplanes like the PMDG.I'm not saying the Parhelia is not good: on the contrary it's the unique card which has both 3 monitor possiblity and decent 3d performance.But i say to those interested to be prepared to lower their graphics settings, because altough powerfull the Parhelia isn't powerfull as the actual cards.

Guest Erups

>moment and just bought a Celeron 2.4 which will arrive in theNot the best buy around i'm afraid :(You'd better went with an old Amd Athlon 2000+ :(I'm sorry but intel's low-end cpus are really low-end :(

Guest PoRrEkE

For me it makes no other difference than FS2002 or FS2004.Nothing more, nothing less.So 23 euro (fsuipc) + 25 dollar (wideview) ... what's next ? More ram and better vid-card for my Celeron 500 cuz it doesn't want to go with FS2004 ?No no no, first things first as I said.First I want to change my 1700 euro worth of real-life-size maquette into a sim by adding the interfaces it deserves. THEN I will be very happy to fly a bit for a while. THEN maybe I will chose to upgrade to FS2004 OR chose to expand the outside view. Whichever I find fundings for ;)I know this is expencive but I've spent all my budget by now! And still no interface here. So I'll have to throw in a new 270 euro for Photon and hope that I will get the FSbus order sometime in the future and find someone to sell it to and thus getting a bit of my money back. You see, at this moment I feel like I'm crossing the limit here. Hopefully just for a while.

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, let me pull you over the edge then ..If you have 3 or more monitor setup, while banking for a turn, you'll see more movement. In front of you the ground will rotate. Left the ground will come more into view and on your right you'll come to see nothing but sky ! This for sure will give you more the feel like your machine is really moving.:))As I said, rather (180/5 = 36

Guest gat12

yea well i got it brand new for 200 bucks so still not a bad buy and it only needs to run one programBrian

Philippe - Has anyone told you that you should probably stay with MSFS 2002 and not move to FS9? After all, you have invested in FSUIPC, WIDEVIEW and other software that will cost more than the basic price of FS9 to upgrade. :-) Thanks for the heads up. I had not considered all the ancillary products that you have had to purchase. I think it is wise that you remain in your budget. As I told someone else a few days ago,

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Erups

>Your comments bring up a question in my mind. What is the>proper order to settle upon, build and acquire components,>software, hardware, etc. I think I will start a new thread on>this question.First you start with SOME components (say mcp and the likes) and buy FIRST the panels, then go look for hardware to fit (switches, rotaries, displays; unless you buy the panels already fitted).Then do some calculations and thoughts on what interface you're goind to implement (EPIC,FSBus,IOCards,whatever).After you do some tests, experiments, gather some feelings and decide the biggest part: go pro with multiple networked clients, with PM and the likes (many money).go human, with very few computers (a couple or so), free gauges, and the likes.I think this is the right order.You don't go buy PM BEFORE anything else, unless you already plan to build a full sim.

Guest PoRrEkE

In my case while in the planing stage FSbus was just starting to get famous.The most comon option then was EPIC. No such thing as IOcards or Photon back then.So I started building thinking I would go for FSbus.Most poeple like flying by controlling a computer which controlls the aircrafts actual flying. That's what I conclude from all those many people around wanting to build an MCP first and then go on with the rest of a pit .. maybe.For me the PowerLeverQuad was one of the most exciting things to build. Also the flight controls. Then the overhead. By that time I was maybe 2 months building. It went very fast at first.Due to the fact that FSbus is DIY I kinda postponed getting started with that over and over again. I didn't find the right people willing to help me out finding the PCB's and the correct parts. Then I found this online webshop from simcockpit.nl Ordered there everything and found it very convenient. However, 6 months later, still no delivery. That's where we are now. And that's why I still have no interface for my sim. Sure I can fly the plane but what good is it flying if you can't even turn on/off the lights or landing gear ????I do have hagstrom and have worked with that for a while but now with CCC and CCC-look-a-like stuff I removed the hagstrom from my cockpit. I'll put it in again AFTER I'm finished with the main interface. I'll give the hagstrom all switches that don't do much special logic stuff.