Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Ask for advice for ebay deal

Guest Alkit

Here are the emails we wrote to each other.< edited - we don't allow emails to be published on this forum - nor obscene languauge >

Guest High Octane

ALkit, I apologize about this horrible situation you are facing. Sometimes it's hard to trust e-bay sellers. However I am glad you got your money back instead of losing it all. Hope there is a solution for you. So I was wondering if you have ever visted SIMSPARE at http://www.777project.cjb.net/ before? You can trust on it, its a great site created by Robert Prather.If you just browse around and looking for the part you wanted you will probablly find one you are looking for.Good Luck

Guest High Octane

its www.simspares.com I apologize Sorry about that

Guest Alkit

hello Arthur,You are right. Robert is absolutely a good seller! I did buy some nice plates from me. And will buy something else soon too.Alkit

Guest SHORT360

Alkit,I had the same problem two years ago. I bought an HSI in the States and I was despaired after 5 weeks. I did not use the refund policie of Paypal because I must say that my seller did not behaves himself as badly as yours. He was really concerned and made researches in its country.It takes finally 8 Weeks from the Stes to France by airmail. Your parcel is probably somewhere explored by some paranoid custom agents convinced that they put their hands on a new kind of terrorist weapon.Alkit, believe me, I am not joking, It is was happend to my parcel. It was an F16 HSI, military, you imagine. For the custom agent I probably was the head of an international weapons traficking organisation.You will get it. Make some search at the custom of your country.I really believe that your parcel is still there. BestRoger

Just to let you know that, when shipped from US with USPS (US Parcel Service, the US post), it can take up to 3 months (max deadline) to arrive in France. Even if airmail was contracted ! However, One month is a good average.Probably that from Canada to HK it may be the same.I guess you'll reicv your package well, and will pay back Tim at this moment, and everything should end up okay.And if you don't reicv it, what's wrong ? You got ur payback, after all !

Guest Erups

He he, i'm too in some similar situations.I have expeditions from japan and usa to italy which are takeing far too long.Luckily the amount is a lot lower!

Guest Alkit

Hello Roger,Military HSI!!! This can be a problem to many countries.My parcel is a MCP747, i would consider it is a computer. May be oneside's custom think it can control UAV or missile!!From now on, I decide not to reply the seller. It wont help the problem. I filed it to ebay for complaining the email he sent me with threatening words. Hope they will take care of this case.Are you building a F16 cockpit?Alkit

Guest ZKSHB

It's one of the problems with buying through the internet. Sounds like this guy is cashing in on what he sees as some sort opportunity to scam some poor sucker. I had the same problem (not eBay, private sale) the seller seemed legit and kept assuring me that 'it was all OK and you should get it soon, and it was dispatched last week and you should get it by...' Luckily it was paid for with a credit card, so on the 59th day I cancelled the payment, got my money back. A year later I'm still waiting for my original purchase and no word from the guy.There are plenty of reputable dealers out there with proven track records and good reputations, so although it might take a bit longer to find what you want, you will get it and feel assured again.Please dont let this put you off, like any thing there are some (your expletive here)out there, but on the whole most are genuine and want to help, at least that what I've found anyways. :-cool ZK-SHBIf it isn't Boeing, I'm not going.http://www.737simbuilders.com/

Guest SHORT360

>>Are you building a F16 cockpit?>Alkit,Not at all. I first started a Dassault Falcon 50 business Jet cockpit. I had some real parts. That plane uses a 4 x 5 Inches HSI also found in F15 - F16 fighter.When I started my generic turboprop panel I sold everything to a fellow german cockpit builder (very skilled in adapting analog gauges) who continues the Falcon 50 projects. I recently got some pictures and his cockpit looks pretty good.BestRoger

Guest Alkit

This is what I told him and promise to him. The result is lot of foul language emails.From the beginning to this moment, I do believe he sent the parcel. I found no reason for not protecting myself to refund the item when not getting it in a normal delivery period (he first told me by air parcel, now he said by surface parcel)This 744 builder make me really sick.

Guest Alkit

Falcon 50!!! You should be the only one in the world build this cockpit! Extremely rare. Any photo can share with us?Alkit

Guest MattOlieman

Alkit, I'm sorry to see your frustration, and actually I also understand the frustration of Tim Henry. Obviously there is a lack of communication from the both of you.I've bought items from Tim and received them in a timely manner, and you will receive your item.I've also had bad experiences with buying/selling items on the INTERNET. So I do understand your concern.Honestly, I think if you would of told Tim your concerns and your plan of the refund and why (the 30 day PayPal guaranty), he would of understood. You could of then also offered to resend the amount owed, after you're refund has been approved and have another 30 day guaranty.I think you jumped the gun here, Alkit. I hate to see this kind of stuff here. I hope this thread will end!

Guest Dodiano

Hey Alkit, you are a great guy and I don

Guest LGA

Hi Alkit, I think you played it safe by getting a refund. Honestly, you never know. And what you paid is a substantial amount. The seller is probably very upset that he is not getting his money right away, but look at it this way, you aren't getting your item right away either. In future purchases, I would arrange with the seller to provide photocopied postal documents, especially customs forms that describe the item, or any other document that can reassure you the item was actually sent.