Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Ask for advice for ebay deal

Guest MattOlieman

Three things:1. Some of you would rather find reason to be angry, at anyone then try to help resolve the problem. a. I don't know the whole story, and I've only seen what has been posted. Personally, I think it is a problem of communication between the both of them.2. The ones that are attacking other people, for what ever reason they can find. Has never ordered SIM parts, PAID IN ADVANCE and had to wait more then 6 weeks before it is even shipped. Which is not uncommon within the realm our Hobby.3. COOL IT FOLKS and take your anger somewhere else. This is supposed to be a constructive and helpful forum, to build Flight Simulators. Anything else serves no purpose and is irrelevant!

Guest MattOlieman

Correction: Rather then "resolve the problem" should be "diffuse the situation"

Guest Alkit

well said Roberto, Matt, Ricardo,Thanks you guys for the advice.This is what I want from the seller. I have told me my promise and situation many times. his replies are just.... not helping the case but try to get it worse. He blame everything on me but not to the post office which responsible for the delivery. I myself not even able see the unit. I must pay him when I get his parcel. This is all i can do to him at this very moment.I am wondering, if i need to buy something expesnive in future. What should i do for avoiding the same "incident". I really don't want to make this happy hobby as an unhappy one.I really hope the parcel will arrive to me as soon as possible and resolve this matter. Get my head into the MCP and forget all the bad memory!Alkit

Guest LeoL

A similar experience happened to me using Air Mail. In my case I was the seller. It was very frustrating for both parties. Regardless, we kept our cool and resolved the issue amicably. Both parties need to work at it and trust each other, which isn't always easy to do.The obvious advice to anyone buying or selling something as expensive as an MCP through the internet is to use a shipping service with online tracking despite the much higher cost.-Leo

Guest WARVET

Hold up a second first off I have a AAA+++ selling and buying history. I am very respected by members in many forums. I have done business personally with several members that use this forum as has been stated...AND NEVER EVER RIPPED ANYONE OFF! I told this individual I would send the item in whatever manner he chose I told him he would have to pay for it, he paid me 50. that only covered ground, I have the receipt right here Canada custom # CL 019454547CA this info was given to him along with all recept info for ship. This guy bugged me relentlessly by email...I was informed by Canada post this would take approx 6-8 weeks even by air about 4-6 now that said this item was almost 1000 he paid 450 total in 1 month he ######ed to paypal I ripped him,off he got all his money back minus 26.00 paypal took. He will still get the MCP whether hell send me the money or not who knows, prob not. And yes this is Tim Henry.

Guest WARVET

NO MORE RESPONSES NECESSARY HERE!! ALKIT WHEN YOU GET IT SEND ME MY $$$ AND MAKE SURE YOU DO!And all 450 not 422. cause I got nothing and paid 50.00 out of my pocket for your precious cargo.

Guest WARVET

I agree Leo,The he should have paid more for shipping and didn't want to. That was his choice and ended up my problem

Guest WARVET

ZK maybe you shouldnt assume that everyones a thief. If I was a thief do ya think I'd have a AAA++++ record with Ebay and other members of this forum. Don't assume you'll make and #### out of U and ME! Try to look at it like this, would you send a virtually brand new 747 400 MCP panel fully operational to some guy in Hong Kong that promised to pay you and pay $50.00 shipping out of your pocketto ship it to him?. YES OR NO ask yourself that, well thats what I ended up doing, and now I have no idea if this guy gets it or not or if he'll pay me.. Now remember Im the one out almost $700 bucks so stop crying for him!If I was a thief then why would I leave his money in my pay pal acct and not transfer it to another personal account huh? ask yourself that.

Guest Ramsberg

Heh, the facts that I get out of this "conversation" is that Alkit is a nice respectful guy, caught in a difficult situation not knowing if he was ripped off. He pulled the plug on the deal when he thought he was.And you, Tim, are just making a jerk out of your self. If you are so respected on other forums, how come your manner is so bad here? You aren't impressing me as a repectful and trustworthy seller.If you resolve this in a calm manner i think you have a better chance of getting your money. At least I would consider NOT paying you after recieving serious threats from you. Not a very good way of ensuring your income going around threatening people.Advice:Tim: CHILL! Solve this in a conversation of what the best thing is to do now. Not like an angry 8-year old.Alkit: Wait for the goods to arrive, the pay the jerk.Cheers!Olle Ramsberg

Guest Alkit

Tim,1.I paid you $450 by paypal first time. Now they return me $422. If I pay you $450 again when the parcel arrive (I am hoping), I would actually paying $488 for this MCP unit. I do not mean the unit doesnt worth this money. 2. (IMPORTANT)I strongly ask you for sending it by air parcel for avoiding this problem. You promise me it WILL BE SENT by AIR PARCEL for paying $50. This is what you promised me. And two days ago, you said it is actually sent by surface parcel and would expect at least 6 weeks. Sir, YOU CREATDED this problem to me. I would like to pay more for air parcel due to safety reason. You didn't cooperate. You have never quoted me the air parcel rate.3.I am really not feeling well about your langauge and threatening sentences. It doesnt help the case at all. I don't see any point I should give any respectation to you after reading those emails with bad language. 4.Your feedback in ebay means nothing much to me jujutsu64 ( 8 ) Total 22You are making fun to many ebay buyers and sellers.5.Please do not put words on me. I have NEVER said you are a "thief" or anyone bad. This is a real bad manner. I have submit the case of your emails.6.I said many times to you, if the parcel arrive. I will pay to you. The current maximum amount is $422. I WANT THE CASE CLOSE ASAP WILL NEVER CONTACT YOU.

Guest Alkit

Thank you Olle for you comment. Thank you.Alkit

Guest WARVET

Now look whos ripping who off, Because you couldnt wait for your pkg like everyone else in this hobby does and jumped to conclusions I paid 50.00 for your shipping out of my pocket and your gonna send me back 422. #####? is that. I agreed to sell you an item worth almost X2 for 1/2 and now you created this whole mess. If it was you being jerked off by this guy youd have a different tune. Alkit you agreed to 450 in goood faith I paid 50. shipping for you in advance you got back all the money I received and paypal kept rest thats not my problem. Now send me my $$$ when you get the MCP, and I really dont care about the waves your making in here bottom line is right is right. I sent the goods as agreed. My advice dont buy anything from anyone cause if you cant wait for the post get out of the cockpit hobby cause ive been building for 5 years welcome to the world of pit building.

Guest Alkit

Hello Tim,I am happy that you finally able to calm down a bit for solving this matter.In the auction, the ending price is $400. You said air parcel cost $50. I paid both amount. I do not receive within 30 days. I request for refund at the LAST day right before the deadline paypal set.IF I do not request the refund on that day, I will totally lost my $450 when your "AIR PARCEL" not coming. If you told me it is actually shipped by surface parcel at the beginning. I will not do the refund. In OUR deal, I strong insist to use AIR PARCEL and you say YES. The end of story, i don't want to argue on this again.Paypal return me $422 now. I should not pay $450 again because it will end up I pay $478. Although the difference is not big, but it is not appropriate. Is my refund practice wrong in this matter?! I should not protection myself!?My last statement in this matter:I will send you the money when I receive the MCP.I know you are angry in this matter. I understand this (your position) totally. To be honest, I believe you sent my item. If I do not receive the parcel and lost the money. i can complain to no one. Post office in this side cannot help at all. However. you still can take the receipt and get the compensation from your post office. I do not want to make an enemy because there are not too many people having this very special hobby.I will email you once the parcel arrive to me.Best regards,Alkit

Guest rprather

WARVET,First of all, this is a respectable hobby and I would appreciate you not making personal threats. Threats are illegal, and this forum is now proof that if anything happens to him, you will be held legally accountable. If someone ows you $1 or $10,000, IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT to physically threaten them. Settle it as a professional.I have been in situations where packages didn't arrive after long periods, and filing for a PayPal refund got me my package within the week. As soon as they arrived, I paid honestly. Alkit is a great buyer and is a man of his word.Understand me.... DO NOT make threats.RobertP.S. ->> "YOU WONT BE SO HAPPY TO SEE MY FRIENDS BELIEVE ME!"In the legal world, this is what we call a hit (a felony last time I checked). My best advise to you would be to calm down, apologize, and retract your statement as QUICKLY as possible.