Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raafie75

Need a 737 Panel to Colour match

Guest Raafie75

Hey Guys,Could anyone help me by sending a item that is painted in the boeing grey, preferrably from a genuine part and obviously something that is no longer required by yourself. It only has to be something small.I want to get the exact colouring right and everyone says colour matching is the best way to achieve it.Would appreciate any help please!Kind Regards,

Guest Alkit

Hello Brad,To ensure you get the color match for your 737. The part you need have to be in new or good condition. The part surplus I have is not that good in this purpose.I suggest you a low cost method. Buy one of this from the site. $5 http://www.t-b-x.com/prather/simspares/new...yBackplates.jpgHope this can help.Alkit

Guest kiwidave

May have something. Cockpit grey or panel grey.Dave

Guest LGA

I've had this idea for a while now, what do you guys think?.......can persons who have a real part for a particular aircraft lay the part on a scanner and post the picture?....using a program like PSP, it's possible to go over it with the color picker and get approximate or averaged RGB values. What do you think? Is there a better way? I'd even dedicate a place on the webpage for it. The same way Alkit catalouged builders, maybe we can do it for colors.

Printers, inks, monitors and digital cameras and everything vary wildly in color. Unless the whole series of devices from start to finish is color calibrated, forget the idea.If you are building the whole thing yourself, just go to a paint store and pick a color that looks nice. The thing is, even the lighting in the cockpit affects the color of the paint - just look at the different photos on airliners.net - different time of day, different location, cruising altitude, different cameras and such . they all look different. Even though they are even of the exact same aircraft.If you absolutely need to color match something to a real part you already have or plan on purchasing, then get the part, take it to the paint shop and let them mix a color for you. But if you build the thing yourself, just go to the paint store, get a color chart and match the colors they have and pick the closest one. It will look just great, plus you have one headache less. It's not a scale model, but a simulator, intended for flying, right? :)//Tuomas

Guest LGA

Idea forgotten....lol That is pretty much what I did, I went to home depot and picked a color that resembled Boeing's brown. Unfortunately it was mixed too light, so I went out and got a darker shade which I will later add to the light one myself until I get what I want.