Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

Idea to get PMDG 737NG to work with IOCards/FSBus/etc

Ok, after CpFlight's patch which supports the PMDG's 737, all we re-investigate the offsets, having in mind that as they can read the offsets we also can read them. Also using keyboard commands is easy to change the MCP or EFIS values.It will be better of course to use full offsets for inputs/outputs (as keyboard commands are too slow, but we need time to find how they work, how many are they etc.Time will help us, but the problem is that we are working all alone without having a common knowledge database and we are searching the same things by spending the same time.Does anyone has an idea or a proposal for that? Is there a solution for this? Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Raafie75

Hey Guys,Just one thing with testing that offset you gave me Allistah. When you use the offset it turns the mode knob back to the APP mode if its in another mode, guess theres a bot of refining to do. But were are on our way.Brad.

Guest Erups

Absolutely not, unless you are writing to offset 6206 too.

Guest ZKSHB

Time will help us, but the problem is that we are working all alone without having a common knowledge database and we are searching the same things by spending the same time.Does anyone has an idea or a proposal for that? Is there a solution for this?I have some spare mysql db's on my site, I'm quite happy to setup one if you guys let me know what you need in it.email me admin@737simbuilders.comand see if we can come up with something.ZK-SHBIf it isn't Boeing, I'm not going.http://www.737simbuilders.com/

Guest Raafie75

I know the file "FSIF" within FSBUS allows you to configure the offsets for use with MSFS but I don't know what each column represents. Could someone explain to me the use of the columns within the "FSIF" file.Thanks.Brad.

Brad,below is a copy/paste from original Fsif.ini file********************************************************************# Ini file for fsuipc values# Last used: 509 26# Lvl, Name ID Mode Offset Type Opt flags scan mul div#----------------------------------------------------------------------0, "Standard"1, "System"2, "LocalTimeHour", 2, 0, 0x0238, I8, 0, RW+, 100, 1,1,*******************************************************************Dirk explains in readme file about these lines:4. The file fsif.ini contains all predefined fsuipc values. It comes with fsbus setup and is overwritten each time an update is made. To maintain and keep own extensions, you may add your extensions to "myfsif.ini". Fields from left to right: Lvl hierarchical depth of a parameter. Top Level is 0, which is shown below "MyFS" Name the name of the parameter as shown in Explorer ID internal id of parameter. Must be between 0 and 299 Mode not used Offset offset as defined in fsuipc Type type of data (I8,I16,I32,I64,DOUBLE,BIT,STRING) Opt if type = BIT, this is the bitnumber flags various flags for this parameter R read value from fs W write value to fs + add the object value to the fs value D delayed read back of a previous written value scan how often is this parameter polled. mul multiplier for the value div divisor for the valueExample:========0, "MyOffset", 1, 0, 0x0b74, I32, 0,RW, 50,1,82321,*******************************************************************So you can add you own offsets for another groups in addition to Standard group and PM like this:0, "Another Group Title"1, "MCP"2, "Fuction1_Heading", 510 ,0,0x0622C, I16, RW+, 100,1,1*********************************************************************regardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Erups

This was exactly what i was looking for.But maybe you know, i have many more then 299 ids.Even the default one has more then 299...So?

Guest Raafie75

Are you talking about 299 id's for PMDG's 737. If so, thats awesome!Brad.

Guest allistah

I'm really having trouble finding the locations of anything on the overhead panel. :-(But here are some other locations that you can play around with that I think are accurate:3100: Overhead panel BAT Switch3124: Aft Fuel Pump 16202: EFIS FPV MTRS Buttons6204: EFIS VOR1 Switch6206: EFIS VOR2 Switch6208: EFIS CTR Button620A: EFIS TFC, Range, WXR, STA, ARPT, DATA, POS, and TERR Buttons620C: MIP N1 Switch621C: MCP AT Switch621E: MCP Speed, LVL CHG, C/O Button6220: MCP IAS6228: MCP AP, HDG SEL622A: MCP ALT HLD, VS Button622C: MCP Heading622E: MCP Altitude6230: MCP VSpeed6244: MCP FD Switch6256: MCP SPD REF SwitchOk, you'll have to play with them to get them to work since I didn't provide you with what data will go into those areas, but at least it should get you close. If you find out any more info, post to this thread. I'll keep this data going and building. I just happen to be up this late cause of of my girls was sick. :-( I'll try more in the morning.-Allistah

No forget the 299 limit.As i can see in the second line of Fsif.ini, dirks writ3es there the last id number used.In my example i wrote the 510 as Dirk's last one was the 509.Of course if Dirk will release a new version, propably he will include more offsets, so you need to re-assign these id, or use from now high numbers!Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Raafie75

I've started mine from 600, just to be safe. Not having much luck with these other offsets but really I don't know what I'm doing, if can picture someone stumbling around in the dark trying to find the light switch, thats ME! LOLRegards,

Guest cesurkanat

Me too started from 600, and here are a few exapmles about what I did. I have put them under standart AP section. ********************FOR HDG LOCK :2, "HDGLOCK", 618, 0, 0x6228, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,VOR2:2, "VOR2", 616, 0, 0x6206, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,FOR EFIS ROSE MODE:2, "ROSEMODE", 624, 0, 0x620A, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,EFIS RADIO-BARO MINS:2, "RADIOBARO", 629, 0, 0x6200, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,EFIS STD SELECTOR2, "STDSEL", 617, 0, 0x6202, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,BATTERY SWITCH (just switches OFF but not ON)dont know how to adjust2, "BATERY", 623, 0, 0x3100, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1,LVL CHG (again only switches on, not off)2, "LVLCHG", 627, 0, 0x6226, I32, 0,RWD, 256,1,1, *****************************Any correction and fedbacks are welcome.RegardsRemzi OZTURK

Dont modify fsif.ini, do a file called "myfsif.ini" and you can start the id's from one as far as I remember.This has the added safety that it doesnt get overwritten when you upgrade fsbus later.Then we can circulate the master "myfsif.ini" and it doesnt conflict if dirk releases a new one wiht more stuff - we get those plus our own.//Tuomas

Guest allistah

>It's because almost all the overhead is fake, and has no>influence on FS own variables.>Check here>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=10391&page=Ah ok. Well, I'll go through it anyways and try to find any real ones that there are. At least I found a couple real ones. Looks like they only used one fuel switch. hehe I'll check out the rest and see what I can come up with.