Sign in to follow this  
Guest High Octane

To EPIC USB users

Guest High Octane

I spemd almost entire weekend building up autothrottle circuit. Now it's done. And I won't say its at 100 % completion until I get to do some testing first. Now in order for me to do some testing on autothrottle circuit, I would need to know what EPL code to write. Does anyone with EPIC USB know any EPL? Let start with this:#define FASTSCAN 0#define SLOWSCAN 1definemodule1,slowscan, 0, ###definemodule2,slowscan, 0 ,###Then what??Let me know

Guest steve_j

Hi!Sorry, but I think you have to restrict your question to a specific problem. I suggest you to read first the EPL Syntax Reference that is in the EPIC Docs Folder. @ http://www.hanskrohn.com/EPL_Files/EPL_Files.htm you will find good documented EPL files. http://members.cox.net/martin1jam/ is also a good EPIC resource.regards,Steve---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

Guest High Octane

Hi steve, I have been writing EPL code for almost five years now. So its not like I am having problem understand how to write the codes execpt on autothrottle part. You see, I have completed the circuit along with stepper motor. The only thing I need to know what would be the best way to write epl to get that motor to perfprm properly.

Guest steve_j

Hi!Ok, sorry for my misunderstanding then. I saw someone long time ago in the Blue Side Up Forum that had done an autothrottle with EPIC. As far as I can remember he used FSCommunicator for this. I think there was used the analogue axis of the throttle that gave the position of the throttle. The axis value was read in FSComm,scaled to 0 to 100 and sent via a PH to EPIC. There was also a variable that stored the desired position of the AT. So, you would read the N1 value via FSCommunicator, scale it so that it corresponds to a correct position of the throttle lever, and send it via PH to the EPIC. The range of this value and the range of the value of the throttle axis has to be the same. In EPL you would compare this two values and every time the value is not equal you would start your stepper motor. Then there would be a PH update and you would compare it again until the correct position is reached.That were just some thoughts and everything I can remember from the example in the BSU Forum. I also have the challenge to build the trim wheels something like that.regards,steve ---------------------------------------------------------------------Do you know the A320 Flightdeck Project? Visit www.a320flightdeck.com

Guest High Octane

Don't worry about misunderstanding... Partly my fault for not explaining that clear. Well, Mr Robinson, refered me to his website where it has all code example on stepper motor. Now i got the idea how it works. I am not using FSComm as far as now (maybe thinking about getting one later) Anyay based from my understanding. The standard FS analogue axis of potentiometer value range is 0 to 16 hundred something. PH can be one choice sending that data via EPIC. Or I can have FSUIPC doing alignment on potentiometer based on the quadrant I built, let say based on quadrant, if doing aligment on my leveler asynchronusly with pot and steppermotor -- assume min value range 0 to the max value range is 12438, I need to write a code acknowledging the stepper motor where it will start at the point and where it would stop at another point (min to max). In FS-- Once Autopilot--IAS is engaged, assumely selected IAS at 245 Knots, the data will send different categories of value range for IE value for IAS indicator, Analogue Axis, or et certa. Anyway, if 245 knot value range is given from FS of 11245, the stepper motor will move and stop at its postition. I may understand it wrong, but so far after took at look on code example, I understand it perfectly. BTW Thanks