Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Thrust reveres

Guest High Octane

Philippe, Just off issue, just out of curiousity.. what kind of application did you use to draw that leveler? Might as well want to learn how to use this for my construction plan.-Arthur

Guest PoRrEkE

3D Studio Max 5This is payware however but I got it via school and my study.However, Gmax works quite the same, is freeware, is good practice tool but can not render to images, so all you get with Gmax is what you see in the program. On the other hand if you want to have good render, export your thing as an MDL file and position it somewhere in FS :-p Sounds stupid but you get better render ! :)There are ways to get around the 3DSmax payware stuff ...

Guest MattOlieman

Philippe,Since we're all being so curious:)What file format does it use?BTW, I use TurboCAD Pro V10, (payware:-(). I use it to design the structure of my sim and parts like the Throttle Quaderant, wiring schematics, etc, etc. I'm very happy with TurboCAD. I'm sure there are lots of other CAD prog available, that are just as good, if not better. Just had to put my 2 cents in.Some of the older versions of TurboCAD are available quite inexpensive..... somewhere....

Guest Erups

>There are ways to get around the 3DSmax payware stuff ...Student licence :D

Guest Erups

>Philippe,>>Since we're all being so curious:)>>What file format does it use?.MAXBut can save export and import in many formats, including (but not limited to) worldwide accepted DXF.

Guest PoRrEkE

There is a list of file extentions you can export to to long to give you. Just visit www.discreet.com if you want to know ;)I just save as a .max file I think1 thing that I don't like so much is that I am not able to make things move. Ok I can but in a hierarchical way. Sure 3DSMx is used day in day out for animations, but I can't figure out how the bone structure works. Also I would want to enable something that prevents 1 object from moving trough an other. Which makes sence in real life .. not so much in 3DSmax ..Maybe these things can be done fast & easy with a CAD program ? I don't know, never used any of those.

Guest Erups

>Maybe these things can be done fast & easy with a CAD program>? I don't know, never used any of those.Yes.CADs have the definitions already implemented, or at least are aimed at mechanical systems design, not biological entities ;)Never used any real cad myself too, but found some good examples here and there (notably, a bunch of EXE files made with some very alien program, in which you define all the joints, and it makes the thing move! those were steam engine "accelerator" explanations!)

Guest MattOlieman

Phillip, I think we're talking THOUSANDS of $$$$ now, lolI know TurboCAD has a plug-in for animation, but I don't know the extent of it. The A340 throttle I'm working on gets a little more complex then the one you just designed. Besides the Pots, there are 5 detents in the forward thrust and one detent in the reverse thrust. Locking mechanisms are similar to your setup.So a animation test would be nice. Oh well.... can't have it all:-(Phillip, I've got to tell you, You're good at what you do, I'm impressed how fast you came up with the drawings.... Must of had lots of practice:)

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

3DSMAX does have a system where it calculates the shape of the objects and prevents them from passing through, but it's very cpu intensive and time consuming. You'll find it under Utilities -> Dynamics and also useful info in the help files.Bones on the other hand, they're basically a parent-child chain where if you move the child bones, the other child bones connected will follow it. They need to be assigned to an object for objects to move properly, else there's no point having them :)

Guest MattOlieman

Well Philippe, Now I'm really impressed, I love the Gear movie.You're right, better to build in 3D drawings before hammer and nailing.Regarding School and going to work..... well.... As far as I'm concerned, they're both the same..... IT'S WORK!!!!:)The difference is though, one you fill you're brain with knowledge, the second you fill your pocket with money. And, if you do the first one before the second, you'll put more money in your pocket and have more choices of how you going to do that:)Alright! I'll shut up and go back to my sim building:DKeep up the good work Philippe.

Guest jmi

I didn't read all replies. So i'm maybe tellin same thing again.But as i know (this is tested on real simulators). This is how it works at least on Boeing 757, DC-9 and MD-80-series planes. (and this should be same on all Boeing and MD jets)Normal thrust is as it is. Pull forward and it gives you power.For reverse you have those reverse levers. You pull them some amount 30-50% of full movement. This open reverse cowls (or whatever they are). Rest of movement on reverse levers is for throttle. So you don't pull throttle forward when reverses are enganged. But instead pull reverse lever up.Here is how i did it: http://mikkila.wabbits.org/data/fsbus/thro..._scaled_640.jpghttp://mikkila.wabbits.org/data/fsbus/thro..._scaled_640.jpgMore details can be found: http://mikkila.wabbits.org/fsbus/throttle- J

Guest Erups

>For reverse you have those reverse levers. You pull them some>amount 30-50% of full movement. This open reverse cowls (or>whatever they are). Rest of movement on reverse levers is for>throttle. So you don't pull throttle forward when reverses are>enganged. But instead pull reverse lever up.REally?I always thought that the actual power was commanded by thrust levers, while rever levers only commanded nacelles...Thank you for your info.

Guest jmi

Like i told. I got this by own experience from real simulators. Reverse movement is actually guite big. From some 120 to almost almost 180 degrees. Depends on aircraft.And ofcourse. There is some differencies. Usually they are with props and Airbus.On A32x series you pull first reverse levers fully up, then pull throttles itself back to get power. Not forward. No idea how they work on other Airbus throttles.On props there is many different types seen. Because props usually turn propeller blade to negative. Also applying power works different way.- J