Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

So what software do I use since PMDG won't work?

Guest allistah

So I guess I'm still confused on what software I should look into using for my 737NG cockpit. Since PMDG won't work, what should I use so that I can make use of all the switches and stuff? I'm really curious about the overhead panel and center console, and the lights and switches on the MIP panel.If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know. I know that the PM software will take care of the displays, but does it do anything else other than just display what goes in the GC areas of the cockpit?Sorry if someone has answered this before but I guess I still don't understand what I'm going to have to do to get a full functioning cockpit once I get all the hardware from Peter at FDS.Thank you,-Allistah

Guest Erups

Better have a look at PM site:GCFMCMCPYou get all of them.Enrico is hard coding a new piece of software (called pmSystems) that should take care of all the missing logic: read overhead and many more.It is really a powerfull software, altough a bit overpriced i may think, for a simple fellow simmer...But that probably comes out from my chronic lack of money :)Edit: oh and the PM GC also has weather reproduction, unless anyone else, PMDG included.

Guest allistah

So for the base plane I should just use the default FS2004 737 if I wanted to go with the PM stuff?

Guest kiwidave

I still use the PMDG but not their panel. You inop it so it doesn't intefere with PM.Dave

Guest yoss

Hi DaveThats very intrestingCan you give us some more details about your setup?TnxJoseph

Guest Erups

It is sufficient to take only the air mdl and aircraft.cfg (and eventually sounds) from PMDG, IFDG, or whatever.Just leave out the panel.Then you use PM (or whatever) to operate the airplane.If you already own a commercial product, it's a way of recylcing some of the money spent, and also takeing advantage of the (usually) good flight dynamics.

Guest kiwidave

All I've done is repalced the PMDG panel folder with the default 400 panel folder.I have PM on 3 networked computers and FS on a fourth. This way PM controls the PMDG aircraft.cheersDave

Project Magenta has a downloadable section for aircraft flight dynamics as well, though I have no clue how good they are.//Tuomas