Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfleron

Can't find Cutoff/Idle switch for engines in FSBUS

Guest sfleron

Hey guysStill haven't posted pictures of my progress yet - I will - I promise...I'm still too keen on adding stuff to FSBUS, but I ran into a problem.The generatorswitch and engine start switch are available in FSBUS, but in order to start the engines I also need the "cutoff - Idle"-switch to actually fire up the engine, but I cannot find the switch in FSbus.Can anyone help - PLEEEAASSEEEE?If I have to program it myself, I'd really apreciate a quick "howto" guide, as I have not done this before...Attached is a picture of the switch as it looks in FSSIM.Best regards Soren - Denmark

It is the mixture lean/mixture rich switch. I know , thats not as in real life. Jet engines do not lean, but just use this and you will see it works.norbert

Guest sfleron

DUDE - YOU'RE COOL - thanks alot ;-)Best regards Soren

Guest sfleron

UUUhhhh OKI tried it - the switch on the screen does move, but the engine does not fire. If I click the switch on the screen with the mouse - then it fires... Am I missing something??Best regards Soren

Guest Erups

>I tried it - the switch on the screen does move, but the>engine does not fire. If I click the switch on the screen with>the mouse - then it fires... Am I missing something??Is it a commercial plane?Try this, download FSUIPC SDK (from www.schiratti.com/dowson ) open it and load FS Interrogate.Use the "3-Scan Locater" this way:as you are now 1st scanflip the switch with the mouse 2nd scanreturn the switch to previous position 3rd scanBetter to do it with engines off.This way you should get the offsets that switch does really change.

Guest sfleron

Thanks will try that right away... It's really annoying.I'll be back with the result.Best regards Soren

Guest sfleron

Hi againIT WORKED - Thanks a lot - now i can see the value in FSUIPC, but found that the error is that the switch in FSSIM sets the value 16384, whereas I only set 1 in fsbus. This different makes the switch change position in FSSSIM, but will not fire the engines...Thanks for the perfectly good advice.Best regards Soren

Guest Erups

>Thanks for the perfectly good advice.My pleasure!