Sign in to follow this  
Themis

"Ghost" Keypresses with FSBUS

Hello to all!:-waveI'm using the FSBUS with Project Magenta. Although my setup is working very well sometimes I have some "ghost" keypresses especially in my FSKey (2) where the EFIS is connected. That keypresses are clearly monitored via FSBus Keytest and occuring every 2-3 minutes. This happens only when the Project Magenta Connected and not with the FS2004 standalone with fsbus. Even with the disconnection of Project Magenta these keypresses remaining and only when I reset OFF/ON PSU on FSBus will dissapear... I have tested also my pcbs for shorts..Has anyone the same problem.??Thanks in advanceThemis KatakalosAthens Greece

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Guest Erups

>This happens only when the Project Magenta Connected and not>with the FS2004 standalone with fsbus. >Even with the disconnection of Project Magenta these>keypresses remaining and only when I reset OFF/ON PSU on FSBus>will dissapear... So if you only fire up FS WITHOUT PM, FSBUS does ok?Then you fire up PM and it goes havok, after that only way of resetting, is recycling power on FSBUS?That makes me think it's something in your fsbus setup.Maybe something you're reading, which is also going elsewhere and affecting writings also...

Guest PoRrEkE

It doesn't sound very healty on the FSBus hardware side if you ask me. Maybe just an error in your wiring ... check it.But a possible sollution (or lets say a way to get around the problem) might be to hang diodes on the back of your switches. I have no idea if this would help but this is how I disabeled ghosting on my LPT-switch interface.

Guest PoRrEkE

Other option.I haven't been testing much with FSbus software and I'm not going to anymore in the future cuz I chose Photon now.But have you been fooling around with CCC ? It's weird that the problem occures when you run a software while your problem is hardware related ( *quote* That keypresses are clearly monitored via FSBus Keytest */quote* )If my idea now is right the only 2 ways of getting that keypress being monitored by fsbus keytest is to either have it pressed indeed in the cockpit, or maybe it is generated by CCC ?If none of my ideas are right then I guess there is a conflict between PM and FSBus router software .. which would be a real bad thing indeed. And should be cleared out either by PM-guys or by Dirk.I suggest you check all those things + mail the PM dudes and Dirk 'bout this problem. Maybe they can come up with another theorie.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't use any of the CCC commands, also I have tested both keys standalone with the same results. Maybe is FSCom related. I'll search more and I'll come back If I have found something new.Thanks againThemis KatakalosAthens Greece

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

Hello All,Are these ghost keypresses affecting random inputs or is the same input that gets triggered? If it turns out to be the same input, it could be a "flaky" diode on the keycard allowing noise from an adjacent input to cause it to go high as well. A shorted trace or a little too much solder on the pad could also bridge the gap.Just thinking out loud...