Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

FSbus CCC "how it works" question

Guest Erups

With older methods for makeing home cockpits (like EPIC and its EPL, or custom programming) the software works in an endless loop, so checks are done regularly.Does the CCC do the same?I mean:by CCC i define some complex OH control, which relays also on FS data, make it be a fuel tank being empty or not.Does CCC periodically checks this variable for changes?

Guest PoRrEkE

I guess it's FSbus router that makes the link via fsuipc and I wouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't refresh it's internal variable list by reading the ones from fs.

Guest Erups

Right now i don't have any fsbus hardware hooked up, i'm only working by software means.I was experimenting with a fuel system control logic, and the fsbus values do not update :(I mean fsbus gives you the possibility to test your setup, by simulating switches.I use this, but they only update in one sense:from 0 to 1, not from 1 to 0... :(I always have to recycle the CCC :(

>Right now i don't have any fsbus hardware hooked up, i'm only>working by software means.>I was experimenting with a fuel system control logic, and the>fsbus values do not update :(>I mean fsbus gives you the possibility to test your setup, by>simulating switches.>I use this, but they only update in one sense:>from 0 to 1, not from 1 to 0... :(>I always have to recycle the CCC :(The CCC does have some issues, remember it is the first, initial version that was just introduced to FSBUS.It has real bugs, and you also need to close the CCC editor window sometimes to make the circuit actually do anything.In the next versions the stuff will very likely be better - if you find bugs, please mail dirk about them so he knows what is broken.//Tuomas

Guest Erups

>In the next versions the stuff will very likely be better - if>you find bugs, please mail dirk about them so he knows what is>broken.I'm really thinking about setting up a decent site with php forum.That way things would be easier...

>>In the next versions the stuff will very likely be better ->if>>you find bugs, please mail dirk about them so he knows what>is>>broken.>>I'm really thinking about setting up a decent site with php>forum.>That way things would be easier.....and what's wrong wiht this site? Everyone is here already. What needs to happen, is to send bug reports to Dirk. Email is just as easy to write as posting to a forum.Dirk reads this forum too, but for bug reports it is good that someone also mails him, since something could slip by from the forum.There's the flightxpress german forum which dirk seems to be more active in, one could post fsbus-related stuff there too, but then again, what matters is to get the info to *Dirk*. so email works best there.We can discuss stuff and help each other here just fine.//Tuomas

Guest Erups

>Dirk reads this forum too, but for bug reports it is good that>someone also mails him, since something could slip by from the>forum.Yes, but that could lead to a decent number of people emailing for the same problems.Also sometimes haveing the developer word about something, is more useful.And in a forum you can search for answers to your problem, without reposting.Something like Pete Dowson's forum :)

Guest PittsburghII

Allow me a quick question as I am still trying to weigh my option in regards to choosing a hardware platform. What is CCC exactly? Does IOCards have something similar (from what I can gather, CCC is sort of the same thing as pmSystem used to simulate some of the overhead panel that is not easily accessible or available in MSFS). Is that correct?Thanks,Pittsburgh

Guest Erups

Your statement about pmsystem is wrong.Pmsystem is a preprogrammed software, aimed at simulating aircraft systems.By this i mean that is includes an apu, electrical bus, hydraulics systems, etc. All ready to apply to your existing setup.(this is what i could gather from the information provided by PM, pmsystems is not available so there is nothing sure about it).CCC is a logic programmed part of the FSBUS software.When you access CCC, you are presented with something similar to an electronic cad (schematic part).Here you have schematized components, which you can place and wire to obtain desired result.Look here:http://mikkila.wabbits.org/fsbus/doc/CCC-Tutorial/for a CCC tutorial, this should clarify the situation.