Sign in to follow this  
Guest jpcxcf

CRJ Cockpit Video

Guest LGA

Hi Pedro, Great Videos! And thanks for taking the time out to share with us. This week I've been a little low on motivation to work on my project, but these videos just gave me a motivational surge!

Guest PoRrEkE

Yes, hope to see more of this kind of footage from other projects as well !I can make some with my cam but it's meant for pictures and all it does is 20 second shots with no sound .. but it'll have to do. unless i find someone whom has a digital video camera which i can borrow.

Guest jpcxcf

Thanks guys.As for the controls i can tell you that the rudder was function this way because i forgot to calibrate it and a little movement meant a big movement on the plane.Just wanted to show you the Parhelia working.Regards,Pedro

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Speaking of calibration, you might want to pull the side views inwards a bit (at least the image, not the monitors!) otherwise it just looks horrible :(Check out the runway in the first clip to see what I mean!

Guest jpcxcf

You don't notice this while flying.To "calibrate" the monitors to counteract this you just have to put the views bigger so that the views touch each other behind the windows suports.Regards,Pedro

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

One way of adjusting it :(To be honest I'd notice it as I seem to have a sharp eye for detail... God help me when I build my sim!

Guest jpcxcf

You won't notice if you're on the captains side because of the windows supports, they block a bit of the image near each monitor.You will notice if you're seeing the imange on the center ,like the camera was placed.I will adjust it when the sim "ready", because now i need the edges of the windows to do other things.Best regards,Pedro

Pedro,Thank you for your clips! It is nice to see stuff like that to get more inspiration to continue with your own.About Parhelia, since I have thinking to purchase one as well later on. What is your average FPS? syncronisation between "tubes"? Overall feeling about it and last which parhelia do you have?// Joni

Guest Alkit

Attractive video!!! Very nice wide display which make it realistic. Great job!For the three monitors to use for display the wide external field of view, can the SAME image displayed by ONE projector?Alkit

Guest jpcxcf

>Pedro,>>Thank you for your clips! It is nice to see stuff like that to>get more inspiration to continue with your own.>>About Parhelia, since I have thinking to purchase one as well>later on. What is your average FPS? syncronisation between>"tubes"? Overall feeling about it and last which parhelia do>you have?>>>// JoniHi Joni, the purpose in showing the video is also inspirate others to do it :) , like myself ;) .The monitors are allways in sync because you see one big view and not 3 views together.Check this for frames http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=8979&mode=fullI'm using a Parhelia 128 AGP.Regards,Pedro

Guest jpcxcf

>Attractive video!!! Very nice wide display which make it>realistic. Great job!>>For the three monitors to use for display the wide external>field of view, can the SAME image displayed by ONE projector?>>AlkitI guess but I don't know for sure.Better to ask here: http://forum.matrox.com/mga/index.phpRegards,Pedro

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I think the card was designed to use 3 monitors to achieve the display. Using just the one projector is the same as using only one monitor. It just doesn't cut the mustard, so to speak. Your best bet is to use one projector to display a large image that can be zoomed out to achieve the same look as a standard monitor mounted on the dash :)

Guest Alkit

Hello Pedro and Ceawlin,Thanks for the comment. I tried to zoom out a lot for flying last night. Yes, we can get a wide field of view, but we cannot judge the distance by external view anymore. The problem is worse when doing approaching.Is there any program can combine three front views (RIGHT FRONT, FORWARD FRONT, LEFT FRONT views) as a pan view to show in ONE display output!!!??? It would be good as the display size of one projector should bigger than two or three typical CRT or LCD monitorsAlkit