Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Unique airplane...

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Nice!Reminds me of that 707 undercarriage that's sitting outside a hangar at my local airport.... Anyone want it for their sim? ;)

Guest PoRrEkE

Nice one.Though I remember watching a british airshow on TV and my father told me that they used to fly carto with this one to Ostend. And the plane flying on that airshow was white and light green ...So either that one crashed in the meantime ore there must be more than 1 !

Maybe there is another that this planes owners don't know about, but that would surprise me. I'd also be surprised if there was one somewhere other than in the third world still flying commercially - it must be at least 50 years old, I beleive the last ones were bult in '54. the owners of this one, a commuter airline called Hawk Aviation Services, say it's the last in the world - but they are also trying to get donations to get it flying again (It's been grounded for two years) so who knows :-)Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

I might have that airshow still on vid.I'll check when I get home. Maybe I can see the registration nr.

Guest captain777

British airplanes have always fascinated me...I never understood why they never quite got the 'fashionable' look. Always a little too much of one thing...wing, nose, tail, wheels... :)Still, a great heritage!Richard...what plane did you take the photo FROM? You fly?

Guest PoRrEkE

awesome! :)i fly this baby whenever i'm flaying out of the cockpit. meaning back at the office desk with the ol' keyboard & such.anyone has this same BAe146 from eurowings ? it flies so sweet! if i ever do another cockpit ever after my F50, this one will be my first option. this or a 717 or an ERJ 145 ... but the ERJ's have such ugly looking yokes! OMG.

>The view is out of the cockpit of a BAe-146 "Whisperjet". I>fly - but not jets, only a Cessna :-(Hey, nothing wrong with a Cessna :)The magic of flying does not differ by the plane you fly really, I'd love to have a Piper Cub or something, just "man and the machine" -type thing.. Where do you fly? Is this in the UK? I am in Finland (www.mik.fi) - I was toying with the idea of flying to the cockpit builders convention in Norway on october, but being october, the weather might decide otherwise.. :)//Tuomas

Guest Erups

>i fly this baby whenever i'm flaying out of the cockpit. >meaning back at the office desk with the ol' keyboard & such.>anyone has this same BAe146 from eurowings ? The bae 146 is my favorite.I really love that plane.I thought of makeing a cockpit, but i resigned: no aoutopilot accepts offsets (so no way of controlling) and the one i love is the non-efis...So too much work to do... But how beautiful it is :-shy

Hi Tuomas, no, I'm from the UK, but I live in California now, near San Francisco.I really like your club simpit built in an old real fuselage, btw... that would be something I'd REALY like to do some day.Richard