Sign in to follow this  

email account

I was just denied access to your forums because i use a yahoo email account. I pay yearly to keep that account and do so because, although my isp's have changed over the years, it allows me to keep a constant email for upgrades, purchasing online, etc. I do purchase a lot online, and unfortunately, some vendors have taken to forums for product support. eg:FDC My yahoo account is NOT anonomous (sp) They have my full name and address, and same was provided to your forums registration. As I stated earlier, my yahoo account is NOT FREE......I pay for it.

The problem isn't that you don't get your Yahoo email address for free, it is the fact that Yahoo does still provide free addresses, at least the last time I checked they did. That is the problem. AS long as a service provides easy to get free addresses, it is a administration problem for us in that most problem users use these free addresses. I fully realize that there are a bunch of good users with the free addresses. I myself have a yahoo address. Unfortunately, the fact there there are a bunch of people willing to abuse the convenience of the free services, we have to disallow them.Surely your Yahoo address isn't the only one you have as most ISP's provide you with one.

I have to add agreement with the initial post. After having my internet server go out of business, then reimerge, then get taken over by another company, then go out of business and then reimerge (all in a years time)-I found it easier to keep my email account on a yahoo account (which I also pay for)-which seems not only to not go out of business or change hands on a regular basis, but is also easily accesable when on the road from other computers.Every time my isp changes hands or goes out of business it is like moving from a house-a painful process of starting at square one with years of contacts and registrations.At least the yahoo one stays constant.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif