Sign in to follow this  
Guest rprather

Sim Builder's Registry

Guest rprather

Good day all, Alkit had a great idea with documenting all the flight sim builders in the world. At the same time, I have been working on a web site to hopefully automate the process. It's a web site, where you can log information about your project, and a running tally is kept of all entries. There is also a search box where you can select to view only specific information. This site is not only meant to track builders, but also companies, software, electronics, etc. This way, the site can work as a simply history book of who, what, when, where and how our hobby progressed. Everything should be functional on the site except the log in page. If you need to change (or add) something, simply e-mail it to me and I will add it manually until I can get the log in script done. I welcome all feedback, as now is the opportunity to get new functions quickly implemented. Please register your companies too, so this can be somewhat of a resource to new sim builders as well.HFB Registryhttp://www.t-b-x.com/prather/registry/Regards,Roberthttp://www.The777Project.comhttp://www.SimSpares.comhttp://www.ProMFD.cjb.nethttp://members.cardomain.com/airpanther

Guest captain777

Robert...great idea!Hey..a few things..- May want to use drop down menus on aircraft types (borrow from airliners.net) Or show examples above the field...makes it easier to search/compare- The 'notes' field is still live after you register, meaning that anyone can modify the notes on the entry. Not what you planned, I'm sure- need more instructions on how to load a photo. Took me a while to realize that I needed a link. (how do people without websites load a photo?)- Login screen returns to a 'error 500' failure screen. Not sure what's up with that.Otherwise...GREAT!!! We should have done this a LOT sooner!

Guest rprather

Thanks TK!>Robert...great idea!>Hey..a few things..>- May want to use drop down menus on aircraft types (borrow>from airliners.net) Or show examples above the field...makes>it easier to search/compareAhh... good idea! I'll see what I can do.>- The 'notes' field is still live after you register, meaning>that anyone can modify the notes on the entry. Not what you>planned, I'm sureIt actually doesn't save... Without using the textbox, the text would wrap wildly down the page, and I haven't found a way to lock HTML textboxes..... Wait a minute... There it goes! Learn something new every day.. LOL!>- need more instructions on how to load a photo. Took me a>while to realize that I needed a link. (how do people without>websites load a photo?)I just added an "instructions" link above the photo textbox. Unfortunately, those without a web site will have to use the "noimage" picture. I just couldn't handle the bandwidth of so many large photos in addition to my own :-(>Otherwise...GREAT!!! Thanks a lot for the feedback! It's a new site, so it's the kind of information I really need. Hopefully, I can add some useful features in the future if the site becomes popular.Robert

Guest High Octane

YES! YES! Two thumbs up... I like the idea.. how soon can you start? so I can start creating my own webpage. You know Derek at www.derekcocpit.com (if i can remember) used to have samething. But it was bad, lack of updates. I am sure this time you would keep everything update maybe once or twice a month? how about adding forums there too?? what do ya think... if you want more details about the forum let me knowBTW... Whoo... thats Bad A## car you got there... Blue Celcia with lamborgini style doors, underbody lights, stereo and stuffs. Did you also do some engine modification? Hp? Too bad I couldn't do doors like yours. I drive 1997 Chevy Tahoe Z71, 375Bhp 6.0L Supercharged, Dual intercooler.. dual cat back of course dual flowmaster (soun like mustang or camaro) .It may not be that fast like yours but sure it has lot of torque. One simple hit on gas, I could see smoke coming out from back and smell burning rubber :) in case you wanted to know.. No i have not done interior yet. Maybe soon I will.

Guest High Octane

BTW.. I mistyped it wrong.. Not 1997-- its 1999

Guest rprather

>YES! YES! Two thumbs up... I like the idea.. how soon can you>start?What do you mean? The site is up and functional at the link above.> so I can start creating my own webpage. You know Derek>at www.derekcocpit.com (if i can remember) used to have>samething. But it was bad, lack of updates. I am sure this>time you would keep everything update maybe once or twice a>month?This site is completely automated. It allows anybody to add links immediately. I will implement some kind of function that will make accounts inactive if you don't log in at least once every few months. That way we can keep tally on who is active (to some extent).> how about adding forums there too?? what do ya think... if>you want more details about the forum let me know>That's my next move. Right now, the forum button just links back here, but I will soon add forums for various subjects. How would everybody prefer that they be arranged? Very general (Airliners, Military) or more specific (Hardware, software, electronics)?>BTW... Whoo... thats Bad A## car you got there... Blue Celcia>with lamborgini style doors, underbody lights, stereo and>stuffs. Did you also do some engine modification? Hp? Thanks man! I have upgraded to a TRD exhaust system, which gives me 2.5" piping all the way back. Also a cold air intake has been added. This summer, I will add Trial Headers, MAYBE pulleys, as well as a fiberglass speaker enclosure, and another amplifier. 110 db just isn't enough .> Too bad>I couldn't do doors like yours. I drive 1997 Chevy Tahoe Z71,>375Bhp 6.0L Supercharged, Dual intercooler.. dual cat back of>course dual flowmaster (soun like mustang or camaro) > .It may not be that fast like yours but sure it has lot of>torque. One simple hit on gas, I could see smoke coming out>from back and smell burning rubber :) in case you wanted to>know.. No i have not done interior yet. Maybe soon I will.Your ride would easily take mine out on a straight away! I just don't have the HP and TQ to keep up! However, I would take you out on a performance track. I got a Viper SRT-10 for a short while (handles like a 747 ), and my friend's Honda Civic actually caught up when we reached a bend in the freeway! Also, I've seen lambo doors on trucks before (Lincoln Navigator, F150, Escalade)Robert

Guest Alkit

Hi Robert,Great work Robert!!!Here is the latest record I have in hand (44 count). The same one I sent you in excel format yesterday.Hope all sim builders would participate!!!Alkit Chan, Boeing 747-200, Hong Kong/China (www.alkit747.com)Ahmet Aybirtek, Boeing 737NG, Mugla/TURKEYArthur Prather Boeing 767-400ER, TX USABrad Heller, Boeing 737-800, Newcastle, NSW, AustraliaClaude Kieffer, Boeing 777-300, Collioure/France (http://projetb777.free.fr)CoenC, Boeing 737NG, Amsterdam/Netherlands (www.boeing737.tk)David Tremoleda, Boeing 777, Barcelona/Spain (www.simcockpits.com)Eddie Armaos, Boeing 737NG, Athens/GreeceGeorge Dorkofikis, Boeing 737NG, Athens/GreeceGerald Byrne, Bombardier CRJ 200, Ocoee, FL USAGert Polkerman, Fokker 70/100, Netherlands, (www.buildingasim.tk)Glenn Mason, Airbus A340, Edmonton, AB, CanadaGlenn Weston, Generic Fighter, Sydney/Australia (www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33)Ian Cameron, Boeing 767-338ER, Hobart/Australia (www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38)Jerome Covini, Airbus A320, Nice C

Guest PoRrEkE

SERIOUSLY AWESOME !Tnx a lot man !I filled it out with my info and next ting I'll do right now is bookmark it.

Guest ZKSHB

Hi Robert,Could you clarify what the HSBID is about? I went back to the homepage as instructed but could see the darn thing anywhere.ZK-SHBIf it isn't Boeing, I'm not going.http://www.737simbuilders.com/

Guest PoRrEkE

Hey is there a chance you can add feelds where users can select options like:-interface:fsbusphotoniocardshagstromothers-visuals:projectionmulti-displaysingle-display-computers:numbertypeused for (txt field)would be wicked

Guest rprather

HSB or HFB... stands for Hybrid FlightSim Builder. If you look at the detail page, you will see your ID at the far left.Robert

Guest MattOlieman

Excellent Idea!!!!!I agree with the additional fields... would be nice, but certainly appreciate what we got:)I too, would like to know about the HBS ID... did I miss something or are you going to provide us with a ID? I wanted to sign back in and fill in the description.Thanks for setting up the Web Page:)

Guest rprather

Thanks a lot for the support!! It is sincerely appreciated. I will try to make a banner today as well for anyone who wants to link to it!Robert

Guest MattOlieman

Robert, you're rather quick at the draw.....or I'm just plain slow:) You answered my question before I finished my post....Anyway.... I entered 35 in the login ID and entered my password... I got a THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED errorJust thought I would let you know.....

Guest rprather

Thanks Matt, I am working on the log in script at this minute. As all the programmers know, sometimes you swear you have done everything right, but it still doesn't want to work!!! Drives you batty!! HOPEFULLY, you will be able to sign in by tomorrow. The search box at the top of the registry list should work fine now as well. I will likely add some "search tips" too since I realize that the search process is somewhat vague. I changed HSB to HFB and changed the reference to where it is. It is actually on the registry list and the detail page, not on the home page (contrary to what it said before.) Keep the critiques coming!Robert