Sign in to follow this  
Guest LGA

Stumped over panel height.

Guest LGA

Hi guys, In the past few days I have been brainstorming and looking at websites to come up with an idea of how to build my frame to hold the monitors and MIP. Having looked through simpit.de's measurements and a site with the 777 dimensions, I've concluded that the very bottom of the MIP is at an approximate 48 centimeter height. Is this about right? And if it is, how can it be, it seems way too low to me. Where is the leg room? That's just a tad over a foot and 1/2. Am I looking at this wrong?

Guest jmi

Height is about that. Something like half meter.Look, for example, Airliners.net photos. Main intrument panel is quite far away from pilot and there is only foots under MIP.At first, it might look little weird, but there is reasons for it. Like gives more space for yoke and so on.- J

Guest captain777

Floor to bottom of MIP = 52.5cmFloor to bottom of knee bump panel = 40.0cmThe seat is rather far back...so your legs go under the 40 cm just fine to reach the rudder pedals. MIP base is about 35.0 cm away from the front edge of the seat (horizontally).I really do need to update my site with dimensions...i spent so much time getting them...i should share! (when I get time!)hope this helps

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Well, they do have to cater for the guys in the far eastern parts of the world, bearing in mind that the average adult is somewhat shorter than we are....... (Please don't interpret this as stereotypical, it's a valid fact!)

Guest PoRrEkE

*big smile*i've seen Takuma Sato today on F1 standin next to Jenson B.I know what you mean ;)

Guest LGA

Thanks for the responses guys. At first it really seemed strange to me that the MIP sat so low.

Guest captain777

Ricardo, et alI have some files with details on 777 dimensions, if they would help.just send me a note at captain-at-777project-dot-com (SPAM proofing) and I'd be glad to send them to you. Note...they are a compliation from other builders as well as my own.