Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

See inside real 737 throttle levers?

Guest allistah

I've just started my 737 cockpit and have been thinking about the throttle pedistal. I've looked at numerous pictures of real 737 throttle pedistals and I always wonder how they have the insides of the throttle levers set up for the reverse thrusters. Now I know that I can figure out my own way probably but I'm really curious to know how they do it in the real thing.Does anyone have any pictures of the insides of those so I can see how/what the reverse thrusters do inside when the levers are pulled? From the looks of the pictures it doesn't look like theres much room for leverage or anything so I'm wondering if its a small gear in there or something.At any rate, if anyone had any pics or can take some I sure would appreciate it.Thanks,-Allistah

Guest PoRrEkE

"How the stuff looks like inside in real" ... that's a tricky one.I have no idea how to get it. However, for my Fokker50 I am "lucky" in a way that there is an issue with them. Resulting in 2 accidents. In the FAA report of the Luxair F50 crash a year ago, there is a diagram copied from either a manual or some sort of Fokker blueprint.This little image gives me some look on how it works though the img is not detailed at all. But now I can figure it out. If I'll ever rebuild the inside of my power lever quad, for sure I'll use this diagram.For you it's a tricky one. One might try to contact something like "Sabena Technics" or whichever technics works on your type of plane and ask them more detailes or a little hand drawn scetch. Very little chance that you get a good answer but it is worth the shot. Otherwise, try contacting one of the folks using a real quad stripped from a teardown a/c.

Guest VeeOne

I should have my 737 throttles hopefully within a few weeks or so.. When i get them i will post a few pics of the insides to try and help you. Mikewww.737bbj2sim.com

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

That would be very useful for those of us also doing 737 sims... Would this be made public or is it going to be issued upon request?

Guest PoRrEkE

Not sure but think it's quite usefull for other Boeing builders as well :)I think this kind of technology probably is not much different over the =/= planes.Even my F50 is very different for sure, I'm still very interested in seeing pictures of how they work.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Very possible that they work on the same principles, having a sliding arm that locks the throttle to a smaller travel whilst engaging the reverse cowlings. Worth seeing how the professionals do it!

Guest VeeOne

I'll do my best to post the pics you guys are looking for. Most likely i'll just put them on my webpage unless some of you want them in a different format. I also plan on taking whatever measurments i can in order to help other builders who are attempting to build their own 737 throttle quadrants. I remember when i was attempting to build my own throttle quadrant but could never find any good dimensions to help build it correctly so i said forget it and just bought a real one. lol Hopefully it will be here soon and the pics will follow!Mikewww.737bbj2sim.com

Guest allistah

Wow, thanks! Very kind of your to take yours apart and take some pictures and meansurements for us!Can't wait to see them! Thanks again!-Allistah

Guest Erups

> I'll do my best to post the pics you guys are looking for.I am looking forward for it.Thank you very much :)

Guest allistah

Hey, I'm curious... How much was that 737 throttle pedistal anyways? And where did you get it?Thanks,Allistah

Guest PoRrEkE

Good luck figuring it all out :-hah

Guest Erups

Focca la bindella!!!!!!!sorry for the italian exclamation, haven't a translation for it :(Now Philippe... just come out with one of your cad miracles and make us happy :D

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Erm... Yes we do :(The problem is both with lack of dimensions and restrictions on parts viewing. You'll have to fill in the gaps if you want to model it. But at least you'll have a head start, which is more than the Boeing designers had to start with!