Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

See inside real 737 throttle levers?

Guest PoRrEkE

Can't understand any of it, sorry. The question is .. the images on the right top .. is that top view or side view ?And all those names of components .. where do they go .. what is connected to what ? :/

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Looks like a top view. If you rotate it anti-clockwise 90 degrees, it should start making sense.Here's the challenge :( Most of it looks pretty straight-forward to me (It would do, I'm a designer!). If you want I can have a good go over it later and email/post my ideas?

Guest PoRrEkE

Thought of looking at it that way. But what is the "control stand web" ? And is the the "control link" that is connecte to the reverse levers ? What moves and what is fixed, and what moves with what ?Pls if you can explain it a bit, and if I manage to understand I could make this in 3D Max, no problem.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

The control stand web is similar to that used with the flaps lever. It's part of the throttle housing, and has a hole where the lock pawl engages when reverse thrust is engaged, preventing the main thrust from being moved. The control link is the lever that is attached to the reverse thrust, so when this is moved it locks the main throttles. If, however, the main throttles are forward, the lock pawl cannot engage and thus blocks the control link, preventing the use of reverse thrustAny clearer?

Guest PoRrEkE

yap completely.question now is .. how usefull is it for people to make their quad this complex ?either way, this topic made me make a 3D model of the image I have from F50 power levers. as said before I found it in a crash report from the Luxair 50.http://users.skynet.be/plipke/PF50HC/images/PowerLevers.wmvfor those interested :)in the movie you can see how the lever "gets stuck" in the 2 detents (one on the right is ground idle, one on the left is TO-power .. so unlike in real, here I go beyond TO-power). Then the detent in the middle is flight idle which needs input from the "ground range selector" levers as to get beyond this point when moving towards ground range.