Sign in to follow this  

Denver Scenery and other sceneries

Guest kurtj

I was wondering if anyone has any good Denver mesh scenery and surrounding scenery around KDEN Intl. I have been flying around there on the simulator and I also checked out globe explorer and the default scenery just doesn't look like the globe explorer image. In fact in some ways I have to say that FS2000 surrounding scenery did look somewhat more realistic than the new. Any inputs on this subject would be helpful. Also I don't know if any of you would know of any ground textures that create the round irregation fields that you see in New Mexico, Texas, Garden City, KS. See globe explorer to see what I mean. Also the desert textures in southern New Mexico just look a little to dark, Arizona and California look good. Maybe I will post some screenshots of the desert later to see what you guys think and see if you have any suggestions.

Kurt,Check out fsgenesis.comThey do some outstanding work. They have a 75m base terrain for the entire US. A separate package contains Alaska and Yukon Territories. You can get each for about $20, or both for a total of $30.For a more specific area, they also have 35m terrain for the Rocky Mountains specifically. I use the 75m terrain and am VERY happy with it. Does away with the "melted mountain" look that is so common in the default FS scenery. I like it so well that I haven't actually felt the need to buy the 35m mountain areas offered.Diclaimer: I am not affiliated with FSGenesis in any way except as a very happy, long-term customer.--Tony

Download DIA2k2v1.zip, its not the greatest but close to it! And its for FS2k2!