Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfossum

Accurate measurements

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Ok, you asked for it... SHOWOFF!!Now if you can make that same layout with wood/metal to the exact same perfection, I'll eat my shorts ;)Nice use of spotlighting to illuminate the dash :(

Guest PoRrEkE

what ?? 5 minutes ?sais who !?took me 2 days ! :(yeah well for the luck part ... help me fingers crossed .. i've sent a request to STORK Fokker for 1 F50/70/100 yoke which is broken or will not be used again. If I got 1 I can make a silicone "female" form and fill it up with plastic to make as many as I want.a fellow Fokker builder (he makes 70/100) has had all the luck in the world and found 2!!! f70/100 yokes on a local "bargain" website .. I've been looking on e-bay for ages with no luck. and this very part is 1 I do not seem to manage to make myself. A few months ago that guy had only 1 and he planned to make a double and make one for me at the same time. Now he found a second one ... gone is his need to make a copy .. bad luck for me ! :(

Guest PoRrEkE

> Nice use of spotlighting to illuminate the dash h

Guest PoRrEkE

2000 is big time expencive.i recently compared those 2 things:Antwerp - Londen City ( with VLM ) =

Guest kdfossum

Looking up prices for airline travel can be quite a trick, they change from day to day, even hour to hour. Depending on the days you wish to travel as well. Anyway, Don't you have low cost carriers across Europe? I would think you could get some real cheap seats on one of them.I only pay $600 round trip Oslo/Seattle. I'd say that's pretty cheap.Now I don't pay anything though, cus I work for an airline:)

Guest PoRrEkE

Actually this 3D model is based upon .. a plastic 1/100 scale model !Yap.I held it agains my display to get the side view on the "left" window in 3Dmax. Shaped a box so that it would have the same silouhet. Then dito on the same box for the "top" view.After that you got the top silouhet and the side silouhet but your shape is still very much wrong. Has corners.Then I put a cilinder inside the box. Back to the top view to "push" the cilinder inside the limits of the box. Then to the left view to do the same.Then you end up with again something that looks wrong. If you would take a slice out of the nose of a F50 just in front of the cockpit windows it's more like squared and then a slice behind the cockpit is more like round. Fixed all this took quite some time. Then cuz the windows out and then comes an important step. You look for real life size diameter of the fuse. Then rescale the whole thing to this data. At this point the idea of making the entire plane and export it to FS comes in mind :DAfter that I modeled my panels according to the CAD drawings I got from STORK Fokker. Dito with pedestall. Then come a lot of guessing. You just take a box and make it go round the contours so you get the big "bridge" from the back. Then make the structure which will support or "cary" the overhead. Then add all other sides and pieces. Couldn't have done that without all the super high res pictures I get from a friend I got to know some time ago. Emile Nossin, real life F50 pilot for KLM Cityhopper. He owns a digicam .. the rest is easy when he's a lot on msn :DIn the end you just get ridd of the outside of the plane. I just made it to get outer limits which I should idealy stay within. Worked out nice I think.Vwala .. 2 days of work.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Isn't this all getting a bit off-topic?

Guest Erups

Yeah well in that precise case, my would-be destination wasn't served by any low-cost...Anyway we are kind of of-topicing :)

Guest kdfossum

It totally is. Actually I was only looking for the correct measurements of the 744 Pedestal in my initial posting. I'm lost now anyway, so I'm just going with the flow.

Guest Erups

>what ?? 5 minutes ?>>sais who !?>>took me 2 days ! :(Oh well, i can stop eating my pants then :-lol>yeah well for the luck part ... help me fingers crossed ..>i've sent a request to STORK Fokker for 1 F50/70/100 yoke>which is broken or will not be used again. If I got 1 I can>make a silicone "female" form and fill it up with plastic to>make as many as I want.Good good good good (good)^n luck to you :DLet me see if i can send an email to boeing looking for-a dismantled overhead-a dismantled throttle quad-a dismantled double yoke-pedalsWell i could ask for a brand new dismantled plane while i'm at it :(Seriously i think that no matter what you do, haveing the yoke/rudders and throttle quad is able to decuplicate your sensation of being there...

Guest Erups

>I'm lost now anyway, so I'm just going with the flow.MEGAROTFL :-lol:-lol:-lol

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Maybe we should create our own topic entitled "Non-cheap budget flights and showoff modelling sessions" :(

Guest kdfossum

Perhaps.It was cool to see my first posting on avsim became this popular though, even if it's off subject.Anyway, back to the subject. Anyone have Cads of a 744 Pedestal?

Guest PoRrEkE

are these the same guys I suggested a chat instead of a forum to not so long ago ?think were at it again :D

Guest PoRrEkE

nope, sorrycould make them though .. got a plastic model and some basic dimensions ? :-lol