Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfossum

Accurate measurements

Guest kdfossum

I don't, and that's why I posted this topic initially. But, there are measurements in this thread that seem pretty accurate. I'm only looking for a good model of the layout, and how the panels will fit. As close to realistic as possible.For the measurements we got already, see post #13 of this thread:)A model would be awesome thoughRegards,Kevin

Guest PoRrEkE

Have any idea how good the dimensions are from the FDS panels ? Cuz I know someone near where I live who's got the 744 cockpit. Check his stuff via the HSB registry .. his name is Michel Vandaele.If those would do, I could go there and model his stuff. Holiday is comming up and I'd love a longer flight in his sim than just EBOS EBBR :(

Guest kdfossum

FDS is cool, but I was looking for measurements of the pedestal with real panels. FDS seem to use some different measurements. But I'm not completely sure.Wish I had friends close by who were into the same stuff:( For me it's all only in my internet world, cus most people in the "real" world thinks my hobby is a little bit over the top:)

Guest kdfossum

I must say, his cockpit is really great though. Very impressed. I LOVE the tray tables on the back of his seats:)They're real airline seats though, can't beat that.Can his pedestal be fed into CAD, and the measurements changed to reflect actual 744 panels?My point is only, what is the purpose of measurements when you buy all the pedestal panels from FDS as a set, there isnt much more you need to measure right? But what if you plan to buy real panels?You're doing a great job btw.Regards,Kevin

Guest mbessler

>Anyway, back to the subject. Anyone have Cads of a 744>Pedestal?2D or 3D ?I will make some 2D ones when I get to it. Will be available in DXF format when I'm done.So, to get back on topic, does somebody have numbers for the throttle unit of the 744 ?Thats not quite that easy to guess/derive those ...Manuel

Guest kdfossum

2D is fine, I don't need anything fancy. Just plans to work from.I myself are only interested in the lower part of the pedestal for now, but if plans for the throttle unit become avail, I will need that as well, in the future at least.I was thinking about using the casing from FDS. It's FDS that has it right? I think it looks pretty good. however the internal works will be made by hand, as I'm not very impressed with theirs.Doesnt anyone have the real thing anywhere? I'm sure I've seen it. Somone getting it from the scrap yard or something. Although few 744s are scrapped, but the size of the pedestal and throttle cant differ that much from a 742...can it?