Sign in to follow this  
Guest aspnet

Dimensions of 737 annunciators

Guest aspnet

I have simple versions of my B737-700 annunciators as a 3mm thick perspex, cut to 1/2 inch by 1 inch, with a flattened LED superglued on the back. I have printed labels glued on the front. I made about 40 like that.I would like to make them more realistic. I like the idea someone had of using cut sections extruded aluminum, filled with hot glue gun material, and an imbedded LED.Does anyone have an accurate dimension of a standard 737 annunciator? - Or a pointer to a supplier's tech spec page? I am interested in the Width, Height, and how proud they sit from the overhead panel. (in millimetres if possible)Thanks,Ken.

Guest aspnet

Cancel that last request...I have found my answer on the Korry website with the "Chromalux 318" High-reliability 1/2 by 1-inch LED indicator. I reckon I could have a bash at building a reasonable copy of them.Thanks,Ken

KenRecently I bought 3 chromalux 318 annunciators on EBAY.I have no use for them in my pit, because I thought they were 1 x 1 inch (did not do my homework before bidding).If you want you can buy them from me, for the same price I payed on ebay.See for details and pics:http://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.boschclick on: for saleregardsnorbert

Guest aspnet

Thank you for the offer Norbert but I will not take you up on it.I do need to build around 40 units and three original Korrys will look out of place. I was also hoping to surface mount the annunciators instead of cutting that many accurate rectangular cut-outs. I don't need a switching action as I aim to have common press to test.I hope someone else spots your very good offer and takes them off your hands,Thanks again,Ken