Sign in to follow this  
Guest ricktana

A320 Project Shared Progress

Guest ricktana

Thought I would share with everyone a few pics of my A320 Project. I recently began retrofitting my cockpit with the new FDS ELITE panels. The Glare and Pedestal have been converted. Overhead panel still to go. A giant leap in overall quality.My building approach generally has been to complete the sim structure and hardware first. I will then interface all the systems and subsystems. Also shown are a couple of pics of my projection display system.

Guest ricktana

Ooops! I somehow managed to post the same pic twice. Meant to show the attached pic.

Guest VeeOne

Looking awesome!! nice lighting on the MIP, also the VIEW!! What a view :)Mikewww.737BBJ2sim.com

Guest High Octane

Wow Rick, This look AMAZING.... You know I was at Spring, Texas last weekend visiting a friend coming from Austin. It'd be nice if I could stop by and see your work progresss. Keep me updaed whenever you get your elite overhead panels.

Guest ricktana

Robert,You're invited any time. I'll keep you posted on the Overhead. If retrofitting the overhead comes out as good as the Pedestal, it ought to look awesome.

Guest ricktana

Sorry Arthur. I don't know where the Robert came from. Chock it up to old age syndrome, creeping alzheimers or something similar. You're still invited none the less.

Guest Gerard

Hello Rick,The cockpit is looking great.Good to see you stayed with Wideview.

Guest skotten

Wow, looks fantastic!Is it rear projected your display system? Please tell abit about it. RegardsPeter SkotteA320 Builder (atm. also C172 builder)

Guest JMA

Congratulations.....nice job.Are you using 3 projectors?

Guest ricktana

I am using a forward projection system using 3 OPTIMA DLP projectors. They are ceiling mounted on 2-axis mounts that I made for easy adjustment. Projectors are mounted approximately 14 feet from 3 white canvas screens. This obviously takes up a lot of the 20ft X 24ft room the sim is in. I am still not totally happy with the screens. It has been a challenge to get all the waviness out of them. On the plus side, the wrinkles in the screen are barely noticeable when flying. I will eventually do something different, but it suffices for now.

Guest kdfossum

Wow, I think it looks amazing. This is the sort of thing that gets me motivated.I think the wide projection is a great idea.Keep up the great work.Regards,Kevin

Guest rprather

Rick, Amazing setup man! I live right down the street from you :-) (well FM 1960). Roberto Soriano is actually in town too for a few days. You should join us for lunch! Feel free to shoot me an e-mail.Robert Prather (AirPanther@aol.com)

Guest RichardL

If we all pitched in, maybe we could buy one of these for Rick's sim. Then we would have no reason not to visit. Kind of like relatives unannounced visits :-)http://www.inmotionsimulation.com/index.htmlSee video clips at the bottom of the page.Richard

Guest captain777

AWESOME progress! What a great job...you must have cobwebs in the rest of the house...I'd spend all day in the cockpit!Have you thought of sewing/gluing a 2"-3" plumbing pipe to the bottom of the screens? They are rather heavy and would stretch out the canvas and get some of the waviness out. Of course, you may consider just ironing it out (wife may not be happy!)