Sign in to follow this  
Guest ricktana

A320 Project Shared Progress

Guest DaveC3

RickAll I can say is wow.I live in Georgetown Texas (just north of Austin). Looks like there are a couple of living in the same general area. Maybe we can get together and share ideas.Drop me a note if interested. dcutliff1@earthlink.net.ThanksDave

Guest mondo

So how much do you think the motion platform is anyway?

Guest ricktana

Thomas,We think alike. I hung 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe from the bottom of each curtain. It's quite heavy and helped to smooth it out some. It's still a long way from screen quality, but it's OK for now. See attached.

Guest Alkit

The picture of your projection display is BRILLIANT!!!! The feeling to fly in your cockpit must be great and realistic. Blank the body when making turn! Great job. I hope to get my single projection display working this summer. Hope to have 33.333333% of flying feeling in your cockpit.Alkit

I don't know if you want to try this, but to eliminate those hard corners on the screen...take an 8' (or however far away your screen is) string and nail one end in the center above your cockpit take the other end to the far right. Now put a pencil on that end and draw a line (keeping the string tight) all the way to the other side. You should have a nice curved line. Then you can put your screen on the line.I think this will work, you may need to adjust length / location of the string. My dad did it with his HO model railroad all the time and it made perfect constant curves.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest PoRrEkE

A technique I have used with succes instead of ironing:just throw +/- warm water on it, let it hang & dry.We did this on a sheet of white tissue which was streched against a wall and was going to be used as a screen for overhead projection. It worked perfect.Think it will not get any waves out .. therefore you'd have to stretch it even more (maybe hang some weight on the 2 ends of the pipe). The trick i suggest is for ... folds ? When the tissue wasn't stored proprely you get this folds .. you know what I mean right :)I should get my english dictionary back to my dorm :(

Guest ricktana

I have considered the idea of wetting down the fabric with water and let it dry. I'm not sure if it would shrink any when it dries and even if it did, I am not sure what the result might be. It might even make it worse. I am thinking about sewing pockets into the back side edges of the material and inserting wooden strips slightly longer than the distance across the material. This would slightly stretch the material where needed. I do not expect to fully be able to get the fabric perfectly smooth. As I mentioned in a previous post, once you start rolling down the runway and lift off with all that moving scenery wrapped around you, the only wrinkles you see are the ones made from that big smile on your face.:)