Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Project Fokker50 Home Cockpit goos 2-seater

Guest MattOlieman

Impressive! Two seats are better then one:) Not necessarily, but it just sounds good.Please keep us informed of your progress. It's obvious you put a lot of work into your project.

Guest High Octane

Actually, it doesn't matter, both way, one seater or two seater with still look good.... Okay, Ok... I'll admit, Two seater would look better. "The wider is better" it will gove enough external view,enough room for overhead if you are planning to have one. Let us know how it goes... more thing, any chance you would have english written on that webpage you showed?

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

You could always attribute the wobble to turbulence, makes the sim more 'real' then! :(

Guest MattOlieman

Philippe, make it the way you want.... it's only, just more work. Besides, you don't want your project to end, do you? When people ask me when will my project be completed, I tell them.... NEVER:)

Guest LGA

Looking really good Phillipe! I think it's a great idea to make it a 2 seater, and if you have the space, even better. I want a 2 seater so I can fly together with some of my family..., brother, dad etc and friends.

By the way, can you email me some accurate measurements of the cut-outs in your central engine panel - the .exe style engine gauges are coming along, but it's a LOT easier to make them the right size at design time than to make them scaleable at runtime.Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

That will be the tricky part indeed. Thought of that before.I am now at my dorm so, I can't make anything but I'll run fotoshop on that pc when I get home and make a black image with white round and rectangular gauges where they should be when I get back home.eta: friday night.

Guest PoRrEkE

That would be neat indeed. To fly with someone together. Only problem is .. I don't see my dad flying with me more than 10 minutes. Neither would my friends.Only when someone from FSCB would come over or some HC builder friends .. who knows.Either way, my sim will look MUCH better as a 2 seater. Obvious cuz that's how it is in real as well. If you make 2/3ds of a cockpit it will always look cripled. (or however you write that)

Guest High Octane

What I can say,, flying one seater... having wall on your side would even make you feel more isolated. If you could builder two seater you could invite your imaginary friend to fly with you, chat, argue, drinking beer and cheerinmg after a sucessful and safe landing. Who's gonna watch and thing you are crazy anyway? >G>

Guest PoRrEkE

Make you feel even more isolated is a valid point. However, you'll feel MORE isolated than you would feel in the real thing so that's wrong again :(Thought of an imaginary PNF indeed .. or maybe I can model a good looking female doll hahaha :(

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Or buy a blow up one like they had in Airplane! :(

>That would be neat indeed. To fly with someone together. >Only problem is .. I don't see my dad flying with me more than>10 minutes. Neither would my friends.>>Only when someone from FSCB would come over or some HC builder>friends .. who knows.>>Either way, my sim will look MUCH better as a 2 seater. >Obvious cuz that's how it is in real as well. If you make>2/3ds of a cockpit it will always look cripled. (or however>you write that)A friend of mine has done some "757PIC" flying (767PIC mod with a 757 flight model and performance data etc) with a friend - they are planning a full cockpit, but so far it has been in a multimonitor setup wiht panels scattered accross - he said it is a whole new world of simming to get into the cockpit resource management and pilot/copilot arrangement - who does what and such - you need to find the Fokker operations manual somewhere to see how the stuff is done for real. It's a whole new thing - combine this with a flight planning session, real paper IFR charts and weather briefing etc (www.pmfp.com) - with a friend or friends who are sharing the interest it's a good way to spend a weekend or a night socializing and flying.. add VATSIM and it gets pretty intense.All this in a cockpit is so much more than just sitting around the PC.//Tuomas