Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

How to have leds from 7seg. lit by own uncontrolled circuit ?

Guest PoRrEkE

Today I went shopping for electro parts.I bought 20 resistors (150ohm) and 20 cheap trimmers (500ohm).I now got the 2 leds to form a "1" character from one of the displays wired up together to a 150 in series with the trimmer. When I set the trimmer almost open, the 1 appears same brightness level as the other leds. So I'll end up with 10 of both type resistors spare. It works when I take them 2 by 2 so .. why not.Also I got my program working for Photon. I got the output cards 1 and 3 confirmed and checked. They work as they should. 1 shows the XPDR and the COM1, 3 shows the NAV1 and NAV1 standby.Now it's down to getting the AP Alt on the 4th card and the COM1 standby and ADF on the 2nd card.I hope to hear from Scott soon on how to write my code to read the key input card cuz all I get now is runtime errors.. So I'm doing something wrong in my code, that's for sure.I'll post some pics on my weblog tonight. With some text in dutch but you guys will just have to ignore that :( I'll update my official website (engl.) soon I hope. Exams are finished now so maybe I'll have some time for that soon.Thnx for all the help on the "hard wiring" of the leds !