Sign in to follow this  
bic

777 cockpit measurements

I was looking at the cockpit dimension web site and found numerous questions. http://users.skynet.be/porreke/CockpitDimensions/b777.htm1) The area just below the PFD and ND in front of your knees ("kneeboard panel"). How high is it?2) What is the measurement from the bottom of the panel (where the kneeboard panel stars) to the bottom of the PFD?3) I don't know the term for it, but it's the farthest left display, what is the measurement from the bottom of the panel to that instrument panel?4) What is the measurement from the bottom of the panel to the bottom of the clock?5) What is the measurement from the bottom of the panel to the bottom of the backup instruments? 6) What is the width (spacing) between the pfd and nd?Side views:1) What does the 70cm refer to?2) What is the measurement from bottom to top on far left side?3) what is the measurement from the mcp to the back of the panel (all the way to the left most edge)?4) What are the angles and measurements on the "kneeboard" panel?5) What is the angle of the top edge?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest shg

hi!hopefully enclosed file will help you with question 6.i will have a lot more measurements on my dese, also a lot of work to do in the future.i hope i will have access to our lauda 777 in the near future, so i will try to deal with your questions.best from viennahans g.

Guest shg

hi me again,forgot to mention: measurements are in centimeter cm.1 inch = 2,54 cmbest from viennahans g.

So there's 4 cm between the pfd and nd. Not a lot of space if you use two monitors. Unless you hack up a LCD panel.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest captain777

I have a number of measurements that I have collected from cockpits and other builders. 800KB file...please email me and I'll send it to you.(everyone free to request)captain at 777project.com

Guest migzz

Hello Scott,I'll post an update of the measurements to this thread maybe tonite. Hope it'll answer all the questions...good luck,Ryan

Guest shg

hii think a 19" tft should do the trick!just another few $ gone.... ;-)best from viennahans g.

Guest migzz

this is for rough diagram for 19" monitors... with 14.5" viewable from side to side...good luck...ryan

Beautiful, thanks a million!Looks like I need to rethink how I will use my three monitors - 19", 15", and a 14" black and white. I also have a 17" lapbrick I can use.Trying to figure out if I can snake my wifes monitor and system. Though she would notice it very quickly. :-hang

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest High Octane

Any chance on finding exact diameter for B777 thrust levelers??If so please do let me know