Sign in to follow this  
Guest borjaperera

Electromagnetic rotary switches

Guest borjaperera

Hi to everybody! I started to build my 737ng overhead, and I want to do it 100% functionality. The first problem comes here ;) A month ago I saw the Jonathan Richardson PMSystems video. It was incredible. I would like to know where (If they exist) I can find this "special rotary swicthes" for the engine starters.Bests,Borja Perera

Guest stevelep

Where do you saw that video ?On the Net ?Do you have the URLThank'sBOB

Guest Erups

www.projectmagenta.com

Mail them and ask where they got theirs, and how they work?//Tuomas

Guest SHORT360

There are real aircraft switches. Made by Korry or Eaton in the most cases. But there are some other manufacturer too.I got a bunch of them, 61 exactly for 30 $ two month ago on Ebay.(50 with shipping which was less than 1$ for one switch)The principle is simple. There is a coil in the switch powered by 28 volt. But they do work also on 12 volt. When pushing ( rotating or rocking) the switch it lights up and in the same time it got the VCC in order to hold it in that position. Now simply using an output card tell the card to unpower the switch once the engine is running.Light switches off, the coil gots no more power and jumps back in the initial position.That kind of switches exist as rotary, push and rocker types. You can often find very very cheap rocker switches on B707 or even older aircraft parts. I have also a bunch of rocker find in an old DC8 autopilot panel. There were 10 of them on the panel and I got it for 20 $ the all thing. Be patient and make some research on Ebay, and not only Ebay USA. Take also a look at Ebay Canada, Australia and UK. IF you cant find rotaries, with a bit of imagination you may transform the rocker as rotaries switches if you absolutely need rotary coil switches.GreetingsRoger

Guest borjaperera

Thanks for all your replies.Bests,Borja Perera

Guest Erups

Aren't you willing to share?61 are quite a lot to use in one cockpit ;)

Guest captain777

I believe I would second that motion! Any way to convince you to 'part' with a couple of rotaries?Don't jeopardize your project....but if you have any 'extra'...I am sure we could use them! (and provide some money for your beer mug too!)Let us know.

Guest SHORT360

Hi,Every 61 I got are not all coiled. 25 are coiled and the other are standard one. Anyway, I probably do not need as much coiled.I intend to do it as soon as I know how much I really need for my cockpit. I do not build a 100% replica of a given model. That's the reason.I am building a "generic" turboprop for IFR training.The Overhead types depend on the real one I will find. As soon as I get it I will be able to share the switches I have.GreetingsRoger

Guest Erups

Thank's, i'll wait for your results in good hope :)

Guest allistah

Yeah me too. I'd love to have a couple of those switches for my starters on my 737ng project.Please let me know when you figure out when you're going to sell some.Thanks so much,-Jaime