Sign in to follow this  
bic

display idea

I am thinking about diyaudio.com do it yourself projection screen. I was thinking of building one box, but with three projections, but the cost would be double. Instead, what if left, front and right views were put on one screen?I figure the image will be stretched anyway, so the left and right should be able to be squeezed on?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest stevelep

Hard to understand ...Could you post a shemaBOB

window 001 is left view - shift 4window 000 is front viewwindow 002 is right view - shift 6http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/80099.jpgOn the screen they would be over 50" wide and stretched out in 1024x768. Furthermore I would curve the screen to create a wrap around effect...

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I think what he means is one display unit, three lenses, and black dividers between the left/front/right views. Sort of like below: Left Front Right Lens Lens Lens ______________________ | | /Dividers -> | | / <- Dividers ____|______|____/ | Display | |________________|

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Hopefully someone else can elaborate on that, as my ascii art isn't too brilliant!

Yep. I didn't think of using three lenses though. Ideally just one.With all the three views, being displayed and the distance from the projector to the screen, they should be stretched out enough (pixelated?) that I think it will work ok.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Alkit

Thsis what I want to do with single projector (1280x720) !!! But not sure the feasibility.Alkit

Guest Erups

The main problem is the view angle.You have to fine tune the angle, in order to have the borders perfectly overlap.But you can't to this inside the sim, you have to go to the panel.cfg and enter there the angles. Then reload the plane.Painful process but necessary to achive the result.

>The main problem is the view angle.I don't understand. I envision the projector screen being curved /wrapped around the cockpit.>You have to fine tune the angle, in order to have the borders>perfectly overlap.Yep, I saw this just when flying around on my monitor. >But you can't to this inside the sim, you have to go to the>panel.cfg and enter there the angles. Then reload the plane.>Painful process but necessary to achive the result.Are you referring to the size/position of the window?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

>>The main problem is the view angle.>>I don't understand. I envision the projector screen being>curved /wrapped around the cockpit.That in itself may not cure the acute viewing angle a normal projector lens will display on the screen. You'll need a lens that will stretch it>>But you can't to this inside the sim, you have to go to the>>panel.cfg and enter there the angles. Then reload the plane.>>Painful process but necessary to achive the result.>>Are you referring to the size/position of the window?No, he's referring to the viewing angle from the window. Whereas you can move the window view with the keyboard, fine tuning it to be exact can only be done via the .cfg file. For example, if the keys pans the view by 45 degrees, and you want 20 degrees, you will need to edit the .cfg file.