Sign in to follow this  

It's FINALLY finished - the Grumman j2F-6 Duck

Guest Heather 636

Completely revised and now available in the AVSIM library.File Description:If you liked the first release of the Duck, you're going to LOVE this one. All new repaints. Additional textures. New special effects. Sounds by Mike Hambly. Panels by Bill Morad. Much, much more including a special surprise we call "Lulu." Over 300 hours have gone into making this revision top-notch for FS2002. Duck season is now on; download yours today. (JW) Filename: ddg-j2f-6-v2.zip.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 24th August 2002 Downloads: 62 Author: Heather Sherman and the Duck Design Group Size: 16931kb Myself and others put a LOT of hours into this. Hope you like it.Cheers!Heather

Thanks Heather!I loved the first one, can't wait to give this one a fly!

I had so much fun flying the one you sent to me...I can't wait to download this one. Many thanks to you and your crew for all the hard work and effort.Keep em flying...

Hi I get this error loading the Grumman Duck - have rechecked all load instructions, cannot see where I went wrong.Denis

Hi Heather,I gave the duck a try and it looks great, the sounds are great and I love the panel. I see that there is a photo of my girlfriend taped to the panel so I can see her when I am flying. Cool!, but who is she?

There is a gauge that requires a sound that you don't have. that's what brings up that message. just click ok and it should work.Brian

Thanks Heather ! This is a great plane to fly ! The only tricky thing is the water landing - it took me about a dozen attempts before I got it down in one piece ! This isn't a criticism, I love the challenge !

Guest Heather 636

Thanks guys.Being an amateur at this stuff made me labot all that much more to make sure there were no problems before uploading it. Didn't want to embarrass myself TOO badly.I had uploaded this from a friends house (with DSL) yesterday afternoon and was unable to check my email until this morning, just knowing I was going to have a load waiting for me with all kind of problem complaints. Well, it was a pleasant surprise this morning when I didn't find any!!I really hope you guys like this plane, it was a real chore, having learned more along the way about what goes into this than I ever wanted to know.Denis, now that I know what that is (thank you Brian), I will start searching it out right away and have it available soon. I had that same message show up in another computer I had tested the upload file on before sending this out.I had fully expected there to be a problem or two and wanted to wait a few days so that they could all be addressed together in a single patch. I am certain many of you have noticed, who have flown amphibs, that there is a problem with FS that makes water like glue when trying to get some aircraft free from a standstill; often requiring full power and then quickly backing off the throttle once moving.Bill Morad, the man behind the main construction of the Duck panel, is currently working on a gauge that won't fix this problem, but, once you are moving, limit the taxi speed to prevent a surge to higher, undesirable speeds if taxiing is all you wish to do. The slow function will keep the aircraft around 6-8 knots and the fast around 13-15 knots. This, and hopefully that missing sound file, along with corrections for any other problems that may crop up between now and then, will be addressed in an upcoming patch.The girl on the panel -Of course, the one in the bathing suit you surely all know as THE pin-up girl of WWII, Betty Grable, tha gal with the million dollar legs.The one in uniform is, drumroll please, Vera Lynn. The singer of reknown for White Cliffs of Dover, We'll Meet Again, Auf Wiedersehen, etc, etc.The one in the civilian liveries is, yours truly, me (dated by a few years).One small problem that I forgot to address in the trouble-shooting section until it was too late is the tendency of an image of "LULU" to remain, even after turning "it" off if you have gone to any other views other than the cockpit. Simple fix, right click on the image with your mouse and select "close window." That will make it go away. I will talk to Bill morad who set it up for me, if he can fix that where LULU will appear ONLY while in the cockpit.As we speak, I am finishing up yet one more repaint for this plane that I did not have finished in time for the upload. We were talking about holding off one more week while Bill put together an all new read_me in PDF format but afte all this time and teasings with screenshots and the like, I was afraid you guys would lynch me if i made you wait any longer.Kind of an unusual plane for the general aviation buff, but she's a great lady of the classics. Have fun!Regards,HeatherCEO of the DDG

Guest RobA

Heather, Thanks a ton, hon! ;-) Flew your Duck for several hours and many take offs and landings last nite. Found "lulu" right off but didn't see any problems with it, in fact I've had no problems at all, just a lot of fun flying the Pink Lady! Thanks again,Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hello Heather and Duck Crew,Just wanted to let you know that I also experienced the same problem as one of your beta testers (the planes spins wildly out of control as soon as it loads). I replace the .air file with the Sikorsky that you mentioned in the readme file and that worked well.I also can

Heather,You and the DDG are to be congratulated on one of the most original and delightful uploads in recent memory! I litterly danced and giggled like a 12 year old with your version 2 Grumman Duck (believe me, at 52 years old its not very often I run across anything that makes me act that way!). Your Duck is absolutely wonderful!I'm not going to wait for my Bear Picks for the month of August to give you this, as I can't think of anyone more deserving of my highest award than you and the DDG, thank you all for sharing this outstanding FS aircraft with us!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d690f5203db3865.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d690f6604383c00.jpg

Hi Heather,Just to say, and add, my 10 Bobs worth. Thanks very much to you and all the crew at Duck Group HQ for a great aircraft. I remember reading your first post when you asked about the film, who would have guessed it would lead to this.The download went smoothly as did the install, everything works great with no problems whatsoever, not even with Lulu.The time and effort put into the project by you and all the other Duck helpers has resulted in a great aircraft with many features, that in some cases puts M/Soft and some third party Payware to shame.Wonder what the next project will be?.Very best regards and many thanks.Peter.