Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totti

FsClient and FreeFD, please help me

Guest Totti

Hi,I'm using FsBUS and FreeFD. FreeFD is on my client-pc, also FsClient.I did the following:I made a new switch and a new keyboard event for it.I want, that the airports are shown on the ND, when I press a button on my EFIS.In the FsClient.ini my ND is "N".I put this string into the keyboard/mouse-eventWN;K+AI thought, that WN tells FsClient, that I mean my ND.But it doesn't work. Only when I switched to my ND by the mouse and then switching the botton, it works.FsClient doesn't switch to the ND on its own.Please, can anybody help me?Regards,ThorstenMy

Guest Erups

I too wish to know how does the FSBUS Keyboard command syntax work.I tried many times, but without success...Thank you

To make a button emit keypress "a" you need to do this:K+A;d50;K-AThat's: Press down A (needs to be capital), delay of 50ms, release A.Use the FSFinder to figure out more complex strokes and special key names. FSFinder.exe is where your FSBUS is installed.For something like a PTT switch, leave out the delay, and put "K+VK_CONTROL" on "up event" and "K-VK_CONTROL" on "down event" - this way a key "Ctrl" is pressed down as long as your switch is connected.For the ND range thing you want just up events, and ideally you need to have each range value have their own keycode, which you can bind to that button in FSBUS. And then you need to put the whole thing wiht delay to the "up" event.It depends on what you need, I hope this helps you a bit further? Unfortunately I havent looked into the mouse button events at all, so I cannot help with those. See if the fsfinder shows you something that helps?//Tuomas

Guest Totti

Hello Tuomas,thanks, but I think it only works in PM, not in FreeFD.Thorsten

>Hello Tuomas,>thanks, but I think it only works in PM, not in FreeFD.>ThorstenIf FreeFD uses keyboard shortcuts, the example works for it. If you define key events, they are just like if you typed something on the keyboard. You can open notepad and the letters show there when you turn your switch.Just dont bind anything to Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del.. :) And be careful when defining the keys, since the events will work everywhere in Windows - so you probably need to have a mouse event first to click the ND window active before sending the event - that might be why it doesnt work. Try clicking it first with the mouse and then try the event.//Tuomas

Guest Totti

Tuomas, many thanks! It works! First I'm clicking mouse and then keyboard event.But if I want to make a keyboard event und my server, it doesn't work.I made a new switch and a new keyboard-event. I sitch the CID in the keyboard-event to "0", because I think, my server is "0" and my client is "1".But FsBus is always switching the CID back to 1 and nothing happens. I'm using the neweset FsBus-Version.Best Regards,Thorsten