Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

PHNL: Where is my AI traffic for here and FS2002 ?!@#!?

After some initial glitches, I got PHNL working great but now I have no more AI traffic anywhere in Fs2002. It's all gone! I checked with Pete Dowson's "Traffic Look" utility and everything in his datasheet is completely blank. I never had any AI visible at PHNL anyway, but I am shocked to find that it's vanished totally from the entire sim!Does anybody know where my AI traffic is how I can get it back? (I never constructed any of my own and never used Ttools so please don't ask me to use that stuff since I don't know what it is or how it works. I just had default Fs2002 Ai traffic and it was set at 50%.)I appreciate any assistance on this item, thanks!JS

Js go to your lago folder in your flight simulator file sould be something like this C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002LAGOHonolulutraffic_install go to the traffic install file and click on the file that says ai_inst dont forget to also drag and drop the file PHNL_AFD to AFInstaller before you hit ai_inst it sould work :)

Cesar:that was FAST!I'll try to understand what you wrote; try it; and will post the results.Thanks!JS

In your Aircraft root folder, look for the following files1. default.dp2. airlines.cfg3. default.cdp.If ANY of those files are missing, you will need to replace them from your FS2002 disk because once they are missing, all AI air traffic disappears. :-)HTH,Mike T.

Yep mike is right you sould check the othere files to make sure everything right good luck and let us know how it went :D

Gentlemen:In my AIRCFRAFT folder for FS2002, I have only airlines.cfg.What the heck is going on with LAGO? Why do they do this to us? I just bloody well wanted to instal PHNL as a simple add-on piece of scenery, not screw up my AI for the entire sim and have to re-engineer the whole darn thing!Cesar: What do I do first? Get my FS2002 disc and try to find the missing files?Then what?Sorry guys, but these add-ons just anger me when the developers take these kinds of liberties.Thanks againJS

Mike and Cesar:I cannot find default.dp or default.cdp on my FS2002 diskettes. I've done several searches. There are several ZIP files within the diskette with zillions of additional files....Should I just reinstal FS2002? Wil that bring back my regular AI or will it wipe it vital stuff as well?JS

js sorry to hear that go to your flight simulator cd and find the traffic.bgl file sould be under C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SceneDBATCScenery but in the cd look for sceandbatcscenery traffic.bgl file and replance it in your flight simulator folder after that uninstall hnl and reinstall the software you sould get back the ai again let me know what happend

Cesar:I appreciate your assistance and persistence (!), but I do not understand where in FS2002 I should put the file (sceandbatcscenery traffic.bgl). Where exactly do I put it in the sim? (I mean which FS2002 folder...?)Sorry, but this is just horrible stuff for me and I haven't done any work with scenery in FS2002 at all. JS

Hehe its ok put the traffic.bgl file that you got from the cd into it in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SceneDBATCScenery but in the cd look for sceandbatcscenery it gos in your SceneDBATCScenery drop it there and ovewrite the file :D after that unstall hnl and reinstall let me know if you got it working :D

Cesar:I'm sorry; I can't deal with the CDs any more. I just can't find anything in them based even on a specific path. There are individual files and folders and ZIP files and I just can't find what I need.Can you possibly e-mail the relevant files or files to me at jonathan.sacks@att.netI have dialup and can d/l at 3k/sec so if the files are huge, perhaps you can post here first.I really appreciate your help. I'm never doing this kind of scenery gig again!JSP.S. I see that the LAGO PHNL installation replaced the master traffic.bgl file and backed it up in the scenedb/atc/scenery folder.

JS:Check your email. I will help ya. Let me know also if you have an FTP client and I will upload the files to my FTP server for download.Mike T.

Mike:Got your e-mail with files. Superb man! It all works now, phew!Thanks for your e-mail. Great help, really. Totally stumped and blind without your help and also Cesar.Thanks, you chaps. I can breathe again and sleep better now.JS

Hehehe am glade you have things running now :D