Sign in to follow this  
Guest theo

Dual display

Guest theo

Hi everyone.I have a problem in running Fs2004 on two monitors. I have hooked up the monitors to a NVidia 5700 graphics card on Windows 2000 as a dual display. However, when I start Fs2004, it only displays on 1 monitor. Any suggestions?Theo, South Africa:-sun1

Guest Erups

I do not know exactly how to do it, but you should span the desktop across both monitors (taskbar should show on both).Once you do that, the monitor will really be seen by FS as one, and you can maximize FS as usual.I think you have to use Nview.

Guest yoss

Just undock some 2d window by your choise and drag that on the second monitor Dont do that with 3d views as that will reduce your fps dramaticly

Guest leelg

I don't run Win 2000 but if it is similar to XP, you need to go into the control panel and enable both monitors (right click on your desktop and select settings). MSFS will not use the second monitor unless it is enabled. Set the resolution and other display properties on the second monitor to your preference.Make sure the monitors are set up for dual monitor use and not spanning across monitors. Performace seems to be very slow when spanning. Once the second monitor is enabled and configured, do some testing by making sure your desktop background shows up on the second monitor and that your mouse will go over to it.When everything seems to work with Windows, then run Flight Simulator. Go into the settings and configure the second monitor (the same settings as the first is usually ok).After doing all of this, create or select a flight. Make sure you are in windows (non-full screen mode).Open up a secondary panel (like the console) and right click on the panel. Select the option to undock the panel. Once undocked, drag the panel over to the second monitor.Turn on full screen and the panels should stay on their respective monitors. You can normally resize the panels when in full screen. Be aware that the size in windows mode is not very related to the size in full screen.You cannot undock more panels unless you go back to windows mode which will move your panel (console) back to the original monitor. You cannot undock in full screen mode.You will have to drag any additional panels and the console panel back to the second monitor before going back to full screen.After you have everything set up the way you want, you can save the flight and FS will remember your panel settings.....but.....restoring them can be tricky.There are some interesting rules about saving and restoring that take some getting used to. I recommend some trial and error because it not exactly obvious.Here are a couple of simple rules:1. If you save in window mode with the panels on the monitors you want, exit and always restart in window mode. If you do, when you select the flight, the panels should be in the correct location without undocking and moving. When you select full screen, they should stay on the correct monitor.2. If you save the flight in full screen, make sure you exit and restart in window mode. When you restart and select the flight, all panels will be on your primary monitor. Just undock each panel and they will automatically move to the correct monitor. They should stay in place when you select full screen.3. You cannot move between full screen, window mode, and full screen, without screwing up the window locations. You will need to reset the flight, restart FS, or move the panels back automatically.The multi-mon behavior is clunky and bizaar at times but if you play with it, you should be able to predict the behaviors.Keep in mind this is how WinXP works. WinME behaves a bit differently. Win2000 may behave like one of these or differently. There is a FAQ on the Microsoft support website on multi-monitor usage but is is not very helpful.Good luck,Lee