Sign in to follow this  
Guest RsZ

Throttle....

Guest RsZ

Hi all, im newbie here and i got a big problem!:)First problem is my english which is really poor,sorry for that.Ok,i got some planes to build my own throttle (well i got them a lot and its not good anyway:)but problem is that i wanna have a 4 engines throttle,flaps lever and speed brakes + 4 fuel switches and maybe reverse thrust for each engine.Well i know how to build it but i dunno what i can do if i got only 4 axis and 4 buttons to take from my gameport device...?Is it possible to connect them all to one game port without any additional cards?Ok,lets say that i'll make a throtle for 2 engines only,is it good to use 3'rd axis for flaps or maybe switches are better way for that,same with spoilers...?Damn there is a 1000 question in my head but I definitelly need some advice!!!:)Thx,greetz from Poland

Guest CaptnKebec

Hello,I had the same question not so long ago, you can buy cheap USB joysticks and hack it! You can have more than 1 USB joystick. I bought 2 15$ USB joystick with 10 buttons and 4 axis each! Cheers,

Guest MikePowell

Hi,You could also make use of the products from Beta Innovations www.betainnovations.com to interface your controls and switches.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest RsZ

Thx for the answers!I think that USB Joystick will be the best way in my case,what a great idea indead!I've even found a cheap 4axis/8buttons Joy and im going to buy that one and hack it;).All clear,thx once again.RsZ

Guest RoderickWoolvett

Hello,I'm also building throttles for my home cockpit and I'm stuck with a FS2002 and FS9 problem or bug. Don't know when but after some time installed both programs stop to recognize the throttle input but windows and the device manager does. The fs's recognize other axis but the throttle. Tried FSUipc and nothing.The only way to solve this has been de-installing.Any ideas where is that information or cfg to work on?.Best Regards, Roderick Woolvett S.

Guest steku

RsZI think this forum: http://forum.vatsim.pl/viewforum.php?f=9&s...47b5b605d517a5fand especially this sticky:http://forum.vatsim.pl/viewtopic.php?t=5092will be interesting for you.I'm using one gameport axis for flaps and another for spoilers successfully. If you are thinking about reverse thrust you should definitely consider using FSUIPC. IMHO hacked joystick will be much better than gameport because signal from gameport is not stable. I have trim on gameport and my trim wheels are constantly oscillating.You should be aware that you can have problems with keeping four throttles in sync. Beta Innovations is providing some solutions to this problem with product called Plasma. I strongly recommend reading docs for this product.Another option (but rather expensive) is CH Throttle Quadrant USB. Look at:www.pilots.plYou are not alone in Poland :)Steku

Guest steku

And one more thing:In my opinion is better to have different controls to operate (like one throttle for all engines, flaps, spoilers, trims, reversers) than simply four throttles. Using four throttles you will be able to simulate proper startup procedures, turns during taxi or trimming during flight but without reliable controls for flaps or spoilers you wouldn't be able to perform basic flight maneuvers.If number of available axes is limited - don't start with four throttles and nothing more.Steku