Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

737 6/7/8/900/BBJ/BBJ2 - Whats the diff?

Guest allistah

So I've started work on my 737 cockpit. I'm got my IOCards built and ready to go. Now I'm looking at the cockpit pics on airliners.net and want to know what the differences are between the 6/7/8/900 series as well as the BBJ/BBJ2 are.Is there a list of what the differences are somewhere? When I start making my glare shield and such I want to know exactly which I'm going to build and why I'm building that particular model. If I end up going after a 737-800, I want to be accurate to the 800 series and not end up with a mix of 700, 800, and 900 stuff.Thanks much,-Jaime

Guest Erups

The differences are in the airframe, not the cockpit.The cockpit is the same for all the NG series.You have airline options like the pfd/nd setup or the other one, and the use or not of two eicas screens.Then there is another option: the availability of the INTV buttons on the mcp for FMC flights.And many more things i suppose, but not being somebody buying boeings i do not know ;)In the end, all of this turn to: all the cockpits are the same.Just one thing: as you can see on FDS site (and airliners but it is a bit harder) there are two colours (airline choice) and two mcp types (do not know if it is airline choice or older/newer).Regards

Guest Erups

I am afraid i have no idea :(But try looking if the swith is absent on every "new mcp" NGs, and present in "old mcp" NGs.Maybe it is something related to newer systems installed...