Sign in to follow this  
iwik

Elevator Trim indicator with Fsbus

Hi All,Has anyone used FSbus Servo bd to show trim position.I have attempted to but i cannot get it to work the way it shows in the panel.I have the Flap indicator working ok but this controll has range of 0 to 16383.The trim value goes from -16383 to + 16383.The servo wants to travel its full range from Neutral to say nose up.Then when it gets to neutral again and hits a negative value the servo goes to the opposite end and completes a full travel for the section between neutral and full trim.In a nutshell what i am saying is that you cannot have the servo start at one end and go through neutral to the other end in one continuous movement.The way it does work,the gauge moves in the correct direction but the neutral position is not in the centre. Appreciate any comments.Especially anyone who has accomplished this.Thanksles

Guest Erups

Have you modified the MIN and MAX values?They should be respectively-16383and16383

Thanks for the reply,yes i have values as you stated.It seem that the servo takes each section(16380 to 0) and covers the full travel.The negative value just causes the servo to reverse and then it covers the same range.very starnge.Obviously no one else has tried to use it.maybe i will email Dirk.Les

Guest Erups

I just tried using an analog for the trim, and it is very jumpy: complitely unusable. FSBUS writes all sort of garb to fs just not the values right for the trim.Maybe there is something wrong with the whole trim thingie...

Guest Erups

Les if you get any information about this, can you please report them here?I was just drawing my setup to use a servo for trim indicator.Thanks

Guest yoss

Try to use knitter, Claoudio, works very good

Hi Claudio,I now have my trim indicator working.I cant take the credit,a friend of mine played around with the numbers and here is what you enter in servo section.Multiplier 0.0078Offset 128Min value 0max value 255I use a rotary Encoder followed by Redec for the trim adjustment.This works very well and now with the indicator all is SWEET.Hope This helps.Les

Guest Erups

Should have understood it myself :(Well thank you anyway :)