Sign in to follow this  
FLYINGJB

Setting up Flaps with FSBUS AD

Hi all...I am using a 100k pot to set my flaps with FSBUS AD. Does anyone know what values I should set up in the software. I am simulating a King AIr with flaps up, down and approach.Any help would be much appreciated ? Thanks...JB

Guest Erups

you need three values0k = 050k = 8192100K = 16384or the reverse0k = 1638450k = 8192100k = 0

Thanks for the reply...I think I understand but could you clarify the following:1) In FSRouter the following needs to be filled in for each AD:MultiplierMax ValueMin ValueOffsetCenter ValueCenter WidthFS Destination2) Should I set each flap position with its own entries above e.g. Flaps Up:Max Value = 16384Min Value = greater than 8192FS Destination Flaps Up3) Also what other numbers should I put in for Offset, Center Value, Center Width4) Also is it OK to have the Flaps set up 3 timers on the same SID/RID/CID ....I would have one pot for flaps and one AD input and then I set up 3 different flap settings as above ?Many thanks for your help or anyone who can help me...it's the last FS input I have to go before I'm doneCheers...JB

Guest Erups

>1) In FSRouter the following needs to be filled in for each>AD:>Multiplier65>Max Value16383>Min Value0>Offset>Center Value8192>Center Width>FS DestinationFlapsThat's all, i've tried and it works.Ciao

Thanks Claudio:I tried what you said to do above but I have 2 problems:1) I have 3 flap settings - Up, Approach and Down - when I use the numbers above I can only get 2 flap settings to work. 2) Also the flaps are backwards i.e. when I press the lever to up the setting in MS2004 goes down3) I also have another problem where I am using an AD input for my pitch trim. For some reason when I spin the pitch wheel backwards and forwards the trim indicator in MS2004 only goes one way - nose up - any ideasThank you for your help...JB

Guest Erups

>1) I have 3 flap settings - Up, Approach and Down - when I use>the numbers above I can only get 2 flap settings to work. I tried with the default beech 58, and i was able to select the three positions with no problems :(>2) Also the flaps are backwards i.e. when I press the lever to>up the setting in MS2004 goes downFor this you should simply swap the cables on the pot.Say you have connected left and center, swap left to right and maintain center.>3) I also have another problem where I am using an AD input>for my pitch trim. For some reason when I spin the pitch wheel>backwards and forwards the trim indicator in MS2004 only goes>one way - nose up - any ideasTomorrow i will have a look.Good night for now :)

Thanks Claudio...I have noticed something funny...When I put my flap lever in the UP position my value next to little green circle in Router is 12805, Approach is 10125 and Down is 9100...this doesn't match the High, Low and center value you had in initial answer to my problem. Would this be the problem why I only get 2 flap positions to work ?Many thanks for your continued help...JB

Guest Erups

Yes absolutely.Maybe the problem is in the movement your pot does.I mean that if the mechanic you have setup, make the pot travel only part of its full movement, then in the FSBUS AD you won't get the full range, so you won't get below a certain value (or above, depending on how you connected the pot).I hope to have made it clear enough.To have the third flap pos, your value should get below 8000 or thereabouts, while you're staying at 9100.About the trim: i tried with the router and all sorts of things happen, a part from those that should happen; it seems the router sends all sort of crap data to FS, and you will never get the trim ok by using an analogue...Don't know why :(With a rotary it works ok.

Hi Claudio...tks for the feedback. You mentioned using a rotary for trim. 1) Could you tell me if you mean just a standard 12 position rotary switch ? 2) How would I wire this up ? 3) Would I then use in FSKey and not in FS AD ?Thanks for your help...JB

Guest Erups

>Hi Claudio...tks for the feedback. You mentioned using a>rotary for trim. >1) Could you tell me if you mean just a standard 12 position>rotary switch ? Yeah, the hacked 12pos rotaryOr a rotary encoder or even two switches.>2) How would I wire this up ? Like normal switchesThe use of hacked 12pos is well explained in the docs as well as in many many sites.>3) Would I then use in FSKey and not in FS AD ?Yeah fskey.About the AD:i did some experiments and it seems there are some flaws in the code, because an "Analog" object, instead of directly applying its value, adds its current value to the offset.This is obviously not the correct behaviour as it should directly apply the pot value regardless of the current offset value.I notified Dirk about this, and am waiting for an answer.

Tks Claudio...should I wait until you get an answer from Dirk to see if I can use the AD for the trim ? or go to the switch set up ? It maybe fixable where I can use the pot for trim ...tks..JB

Guest Erups

>Tks Claudio...should I wait until you get an answer from Dirk>to see if I can use the AD for the trim ? or go to the switch>set up ?This is entirely up to you.I do not know if Dirk was already aware of this or not, and if he has been working for a solution or not.So i don't even know if this will be corrected soon or late.In the designs i've been thinking of (b738 replica) the trim is always by rotary encoder, but it's just me: i want the trim to follow the autopilot so there is no other way then retary encoder.