Sign in to follow this  
N520AT

Radio Panel...

Hello, I am new to the idea of "sim cockpits" and I want to build a radio stack for use with the PMDG 737NG, or other aircraft. Below is a basic top-down view of what the basic layout of the switches will be. Now, how exactly would I build this to make it react with FS? Hopefully, I will be able to use LED's for the COM, NAV, TRANSPONDER and ADF displays, but I don't have a clue about how to change the values with a nob. I have never programmed anything before, and I'm not to computer literate besides the fact of basic hardware upgrades (i.e. HDD, RAM Upgrades, Video cards, Sound Cards..etc.)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/81789.jpgThank-yoU! :)

If you want to have the displays lit up by LED lights, your best bet is going to be to use an FSBUS system. It's not commercially availabe, you have to make it, so brush up your soldering skills :-)If all you wanted was to have the switches & knobs work, there are several diffeent methods. I'd suggest just reading all the threads on this forum going back a few months to get ideas.Richard

To Shed some more light on this...I want to use LED lights for the COM's, NAV's, ADF and transponder, while everything else listed will be a switch

Guest Erups

This is a list of hardware/software systems able to do what you wantEpic (very costly)FSBUS (freeware) www.fsbus.deIOCards (freeware) www.opencockpits.comPhoton (payware)The electronic cards for FSBUS and IOCards can be bought:FSBUS see here www.cockpitsonic.deIOcards on their site they have an ecommerce section.These are just the means to obtain what you want, unfortunately there are no ready products, a part from the "GoFlight" consoles.With all these systems (even the very pricey Epic) you have to work your way to have something actually working.As suggested do searches in this forum and look for other posts.Just a quick link http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=10748&page=