Sign in to follow this  
Guest migzz

Dzus fasteners?

Guest migzz

Hello guys,I've been looking for the site who made their own Dzus fasteners... i cant remember a fellow builders site... can anyone point me to the correct website? thanksRyan

Guest VeeOne

Ryan, Hello, How about mine :) Unless your thinking of someone else, i have made a few hundred that i believe look exactly like the real ones. Let me know if you have any questions on how they are made. Glad to help.Mikewww.737BBJ2sim.com

Guest migzz

Hello Mike,Yes, its your site... they really look like real ones... can you be kind enough to share how you made them? thanks alotRyan

Guest VeeOne

Sure, to make them the way i did you need a lathe. I first got hollow steel tubing 3/8" diameter. Then cut the tubing to 5/16" lenghts. From there i rounded one side of the 5/16 lenght of tubing which makes the top of one piece. The next tricky step is to cut or hollow out a little from the inside of the piece, on top, so you can countersink a screw into it. Depending on the screws you have or use you may need to cut down the screw head diameter so it fits inside the countersunk piece of tubing. Only take enough off the screw head so it fits in the hollowed out area of the tubing only, not so that it slides right through the whole tube :) And thats about it. After making a few hundred or so you should get the idea. And dont try to make them all at once, you will go crazy. Make a few each day because they are a bit time consuming. As with anything im sure there is a better faster way. Good luck and let me know if this helps :)Mikewww.737BBJ2sim.com

Guest migzz

ok ill try to make a couple of them this weekend... i have some extra aluminum tubing with 3/8 diameter. ill post some pics if successful...ThanksRyan