Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

737ng Glare Shield Dimensions?

Guest allistah

I'm getting close to building my glare shield but I have a few questions. I'd like to build it as close to the real thing as possible. Does anyone have the dimensions for the top area? I know it extends out from the MIP at 31cm. I haven't been able to find any dimensions for the top like how deep and angles and such. I can also see in pictures that the down angle on each side kind of makes a triangle for the top center piece of this shield. Any specs on that would be great to have.e shield I would greatly appreciate it. I wish I could just get into a real one for about 15 minutes with a tape measure and notepad. Thanks for any information anyone might have.-Jaime

Jaime,You might try visiting this site (if you haven't already) http://www.simpits.org/. It has some great engineering drawings for the 737 with dimensions. Go to 'Database' and then 'Graphics'. There you will find a section 'Boeing 737 Instrument Panels'.Ken. ;) http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kmbrand/mypic3.JPG"Aviation combines all the elements I love:Science, Freedom, Beauty, Adventure.As a pilot we must be at least proficient in all elements" - Charles Lindbergh.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I think what he's after is the TOP of the glareshield, not the instruments on the front.... If anyone has any info on this, please share it :)

Guest allistah

Yup. That is exactly right. I'm looking for any info for the top of the glare shield. I have no idea how deep it is, or the angles, etc.Thanks,-Jaime

Guest f1yerian

Good info.I'm also at the stage of building the actual glare shield and would appreciate any of the following -1The depth from the edge to the centre w/sreen spar2 The degree of slope3 The internal angle of the two main front w/screensMany thanxIan

Guest f1yerian

OllyThanx for fast responseIan