Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dodiano

Need help with real CDU

Guest Dodiano

ANy of you guys have any experience with wiring a pair of real CDU

Guest Erups

Maybe a closeup of the back would be useful.Generally speaking, try to reach the metal contacts of every switch, and link each of them to an FSKEY card.Then it's all software.To reduce cables, you can use just one common ground going around in the back of the CDU instead of one for each switch.This way the total cables will be Number of switches + 1 (ground).

Guest yoss

One ground wire for each eight swithes acualy

Guest Erups

>One ground wire for each eight swithes acualyErm... Yes :( my mistake

Guest Dodiano

Will get pictures of hte back of the CDU soon so you can check it out.ROberto

Guest captain777

Roberto,I have a CDU similar to yours...the connector on the back is a 24 pin connector similar to the Hard Drive connector in a PC (rectangle with 24pins in 2 rows).This is a 'matrix' type keypad and you basically have one row that is the 'X' axis, and the other row is the 'Y' axis. You now need to experiment with every key press to see what combination of XY you trigger. You can do it the (hard) way and use a multimeter to test resistance after every key press, and then write down the pin combinations...or you can wire it to an interface (747MCP or FSBUS) and do it electronically. Either way, you'll spend some time figuring it out!For mine, the power connections for the backlights is separate.Hope this helps.

Guest Dodiano

Thanks for that man!! Ok if you could please keep me posted on how you are doing on your CDU stuff.ROberto

Guest Erups

If this is the case, then it's just like the FDS cdu: wire it up to a hangstrom or whatever with autodetect, and you're all done.If don't have autodetec on your hardware, then i guess it's a bit more work :(