Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raafie75

Ariane to Rival PMDG in the 737NG Market

Guest Raafie75

Looks like someone is finally supporting us 737NG builders. I've been waiting quite some time now for PMDG to release a SDK for us simbuilders but my patience is wearing thin. If Ariane sticks to what there talking about on their website, we might just have something to work with!Fingers crossed !More info at:http://www.arianedesign.com/news/news.aspRegards,

Guest Erups

Flight ManagementThe design of the new FMC is based on the widely-used'Boeing 737 Next Generation Training System Software'as utilised by the world's leading airlines and academies to train pilots for type-rating on Boeing 737 Ng Series Fleets.Although our new FMC offers more pages, more features and more sophisticated technology than its professional cousin costing $25,000 it is no less enhanced.With a total of over 50 pages, a requisite introduction to pre-flight is built into the comprehensive FMC tutorial.AndALL NEW FS2004 Multi Monitor System Phase IA new Multi CDU system allows the CDUs of the Captain Inboard and Outboard and FO Inboard and Outboard screens to be separately displayed on multi display systems (such as home-build cockpits). Open the inbuilt CDUs on full screen or as boxed windows on separate screens with each CDU keyed into a SHIFT Command System. CDU sets enable users of multi monitors to call up their screen areas into separate monitor areas and resize to fit as well as the ability to change content using the inbuilt Ng PFD/ND architecture.Edit:andMaster Control Panel - ALL NEW CODEDesigning an all new Boeing 737 Ng Master Control Panel unit using new code was one of the chief challenges we set ourselves on the Boeing 737 Ng Flight Deck Program.The sophisticated dual unit has editable variables to facillitatethe work of professional technical editing allowing access to the core systemThis instead is a bit scaringWe will not lock you into a 'scheme' or a 'you MUST buy a previous product' to get ALL the kit. (No single aircraft or single sound packs). This is the FULL package. Complete./EditWhoa!That seems a dream come true!Now lets just see how real this dream is and how costly :)I doubt the price will be near the PMDG but maybe it could be worth it :)

Guest yoss

There is a big tread on the General fs forum about that--biased somehow, as usual ,when talking about ArianeWorth to read anywayIn general we will have to wait and see if this stuff can be interfaced, otherwice--another expencive toy with bells and withles

...I wouldn't touch any of Ariane's products with a 10-foot pole. That's not based on bias as some would percieve, but past experience, and past experience of others.For now, the negative noise of Ariane has died down, but given who is in charge over there, it won't take long before Ariane's true colors are revealed once again....

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest Dodiano

What is wrong with them??Roberto

Guest Dodiano

Ohhh... I see...Roberto

Guest Raafie75

Thanks for warning us about Ariane. If I knew this information before posting this topic, I never would have!Thanks for letting us know!Regards

Guest rgeorgiou

>Thanks for warning us about Ariane. If I knew this>information before posting this topic, I never would have!>>Thanks for letting us know!>>>RegardsBrad, if you want another opinion instead of basing your decision on people who like complaining then take mine!!I have just about every piece of payware I can get my hands on and my fave it the Ariane 737-900 VCe by Ariane...That's not to say that the PMDG is never used. I use them both. Depends on my mood.On top of the excellent product I also rate their support as up there with the best.Anyway, just thought I'd let you know...

Guest yoss

Totaly agree with youWhen you read 170 negative topics from people even didnt tryed the software- its clear thats those opinions strongly biased--mostly personal related and has nothing to do with the producktSo far Arianes relases was not bad at allAnd there are definitly capable developers ingagedWhat is realy intrest me if the new Ariane NG can be interfaced via standart Fsuipc offsets or key combosMay be you, as the sofware owner can put some light on this ishueWith regards

Guest Raafie75

I've been a PMDG 737NG owner since last October and have been very impressed with their airplane. But as a 737-800 cockpit builder, I require more than just the simple computer interface. We've been waiting patiently for PMDG to come up with something for us cockpit builders but nothing as yet.So far it looks like I'll be using a standard 737-800 aircraft and using the Open Cockpits ON737 interface to run my hardware.The only thing I'm worried about is Ariane support the cockpit builder over the long run and working with us to work out the issues we have. Its a tall order.Regards,