Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

CH Yoke LE mod. to 3 lever control.

Hi, everyone.Did anyone try to add two more pots for Mixture and Prop.? It now only has the Throttle. Thanks, TV.

You have the gameport model I think (the usb has already prop and mixt)The answer is that it is impossible. The gameport version will only allow 4 axis. So you cannot add anything.One solution is to to hack a old joystick (or buy a DB 15 port and 2 potmeters) and ad the 2 levers to your ch yoke. Connect them via a gameport-usb convertor to your pc.regardsNorberthttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Hi."You have the gameport model I think (the usb has already prop and mixt)"No, the LE is USB, the older version. I am not sure if they use pots or xducers? I will have to look inside to get a better idea of what is going on in there. Thanks for your input. TV

They use 50K ohm pots on the CH Yoke with a common ground and VCC.Here is a picture of the pot board. The pots and levers are on the top of this board.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest FlashFly

Does this site help?...http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/rudtoe.htm...scroll down to the 'bonus idea'.This shows you a modification of the LE USB but requires the use of a gameport adapter to do it.I use the 3 lever CH Yoke so haven't done as is described, but I have started to put together a throttle quad using the gameport slot based on the info in the article. I found it easier to modify an old gameport contoller rather than working from basic components.Good luck,Phil.

Hello, everyone.Thank you for your feedback. I decided to open it up and I was able t o get a good idea of what is in it. It has pots, just like was mentioned above, and the controller seems to be dedicated to the LE. I tried to add another pot / lever but the calibration software does not see / recognize it. It would be trivial to add a couple of pots / levers, if there was a way to get the controller identified as 5 axes? Id does seem to have an additional axis available, see arrow to point R, maybe 2, but if it does not get recognized it

Hi.Here is the pic. TVOdd, cannot post pics. here any longer? Any body else having this problem?