Sign in to follow this  
Guest skotten

FS BUS and flashing..again!! sorry

Guest skotten

Hi I just cant seem to get the flashing part of FSBUS working???Anyway, if I flash using another PIC burner it works great. We (me and my colleague who is an electronics engineer) have tried everything. And I have come to the conclusion that I dont wanna spend more time on the flash part.So I have a kind request to some of you who has got the flashing part working. Could you please "grab" hexfiles for say the first 5 (or more) controller ID's for each expansion board.?? Please! Please Please!And a completely other thing:A friend sent me the AIRBUS A319 Flight Crew Operating Manual as PDF the other day. Its 921 pages long. And quite interesting.Email me if you are interested:http://www.skottes.net/m_icon.gifThanks Peter

Guest stevelep

Sorry for your problemsFor me the problems were always some mistake in the implementationreverse capacitor position , false resistor value, bad soldingetc...Using the troubleshooter do you have the right voltage on the PIC ?Are you using a very short cable less then 10cm ?Can't send you the hex. but sure someone will send it to you very soon (lots of people use FSBUS here)Thank's for PDF manual I'm interrestI'll send you an emailHope you'll find the solutionGood luckBOB

Guest stevelep

Thank's for the Airbus manual.What's up with your problems ?Do you get the files ?Do you fix the flashing problems ?ByeBOB

Guest PANTU

Hi Peter,assuming the board is OK, no short circuits / interruptions etc there

Guest yoss

And use flat cabel -sometimes thats helps

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

It's always a shortcircuit or a cold solder.All the properly assembled cards I have build flashed with serial cable of about 2m connected (that is 2meters!).On those that did not flash even the 10cm cable did not do any good.The problem is 75% cold solder, 24% Shortcircuit and 1% bad PIC (yes,there are those as well!)Also, measure up the whole board without the PICs installed and make sure there are no brakes in the lanes. Especially if you made the boards yourself. I had them made in a lab and still had cracks on some lanes.The best way to do this is by using a multimeter that has continuity tester with sound (mine has a buzzer), so you can focus on the board and you don't have to look at the scale all the time.Good luck!George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest skotten

HiWell, we have checked all we can think of and still the same. But it is only the flashing part that does not work, when the PIC is flashed (with an external pic burner), the boards work just as they should.So I mailed a bit with Dirk and he basically told me how I could change the ID of the hex files I already have so I wouldnt have to use the FSBUS flash at all. I have tried the ID thing yet, but the hex files I have work just fine.I just got tired of trying to flash with FSBUS, and when the rest works why bother.Thanks anywayPeter