Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

key combos problem

Guest PoRrEkE

Anyone ever had this situation ?When I use Espens panel manual (with keyboard) I have no problems with the key combos.As soon as I use it with my cockpit ( my CockpitLink program sends "virtual joystick button presses" via widefs to FS. There fsuipc generates the key combo.What I get is when e.g. "Ctrl+P" should be pressed, I end up with a "P" being output to the panel.You guys think that's a problem with fsuipc not giving the key combo right or to fast ? Or is this a problem with espens panel ?This thing is essential for my cockpit to work and it is very frustrating that I have this problem now.Though I think to remember that I had a similar issue with my Hagstrom where it's the Hagstrom itself that sends the key commands.Any thoughts are welcome!

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Is the CockpitLink software pausing between Shift and P? If not, the P signal might be getting there before the computer realises the Shift key is activated. Might be worth seeing if you can delay the P so that the Shift event occurs first?

Guest PoRrEkE

That's the thing .. CockpitLink does NOT send any keys! So no shift, no p, no control, ...It's FSUIPC on the FlightSim pc that is sending out the keys when it receives a "virtual joystick trigger" via widefs from my CockpitLink.

Guest Erups

To be sure, do a simple thing:route the already defined FSUIPC control, to a joystick button or key on your keyboard.That way you're testing if it is some error in the definition of the control in FSUIPC.

Guest PoRrEkE

Hmmz ..The thing is, I don't use FSUIPC controls.Espens panel uses things like external power and fuel pumps and ignition systems etc. So what he did is program the keys into the gauges.What I am going to try now for a test is to use an other panel. Like one of the defaults. And assign "ctrl+k" e.g. to the landing gear and "k" to the lights. I'll check if it's the panel of espen that is not scanning the keys right or if it is fsuipc that is not sending them out right.I think that's not a bad test to try.

Guest Erups

I do not understand:in your first message you say you use widefs to send commands to FS, and it is FSUIPC, via widefs, that sends the real command to FS.Your application only sends a virtual joystick command to widefs.That said you're using FSUIPC...So i do not understand :(

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok to put it simple:I press a button in my cockpit.CockpitLink (my soft scanning Photon) registers thisCockpitLink sends out a "virtual joystick button" command to fsuipc (but since fsuipc is not on that pc it goos via widefs)Fsuipc (on the FS pc) gets this input from widefsFsuipc generates a keystroke or keycomboEspens panel registers the keycombo or keystroke and takes actionThat's my chain of events.

Guest Erups

Then why do you say this>The thing is, I don't use FSUIPC controls.?Anyway have you solved your problem?Try by hooking a simple joystick to your FS pc, and create the same control linked to one of the joystick buttons.See if it works or not.If not try with a default panel and see.If it still does not work it's your fault :(

Guest PoRrEkE

Then why do you say this>The thing is, I don't use FSUIPC controls.?I thought by "fsuipc controls" you meant the fs variables which you can select from a list in fsuipc ...I will maybe to the test on a default panel this evening in both FS2002 and FS2004. Will let you know the outcome.

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, I did the test. Because I used to have similar problems with my Hagstrom I was quite confident that this test would indeed point out that it is Espens F50 panel that does not scan or receive the "ctrl+...." correctly.I took the beach and assigned in FS "E" and "CTRL+E" to increment of the flaps and decrements of the flaps respectively.Turns out that works super fine.So it is indeed Espens panel that doesn't receive the keys prorely.The other problem I have, I will make a new thread 'bout that.