Sign in to follow this  
Guest ASibley

Flight seat

Guest Lucky

Hi There.Is there a good site which will show me some home built flight seats.I want to look at some basic layouts and see whats out there.I am building my own cocpit.nothing extravagent.After a head on colision with a carless truck driver left me pretty messed,Funds were real bad.I,ve been building my flight deck out of junk.It,s pretty amasing what you can do with nothing.Old stereo switches and CD drives .I know sounds questionable and wacked.Far example.I took a drive out old a CD player.hooked 3 small limit switches in certain positions so when I pull the gear down lever.The lights on my panel will light up in 5 sceonds for the rear and 8 seconds for the front after the lever is pulled. I also hacked my FF2 stick .Now its a floor model with a 22" stick.I removed the potentiometers and relocated them into my custom built Throttle assembly.I alocated the throttle to Prop pitch and the rudder twist to mixture.I still use the CH Throttle mounted inside the assembly.Next Im going to widen my CH pedals which are now mounted into the floor and the Yoke will be remade into a floor modle yoke.I have some really good pics if anyone wants to see.I appologise for my spelling and if my article is hard to understand.My head is not to sharp these days.LOLThis started off looking for flight seat designs.Thanks Al

Guest PoRrEkE

There is a tut for a 737 seat on Daniels site.Let me check the HSB for ya ... www.dutch-mountains.com/737project.htmlHere ya go.Other than that there's the car-scrape-yard seats ... that's the option I'll chose. Only now I need permission to use the car to go pick 2 of them up. I have to go 25km from my house cuz a green-environment minded political group managed to forbid car sellers to keep old or scrappy cars around. We've only got 2 scrape-yards now left in my area.

Guest MikePowell

Al,There is a list of sim builders on my site. A few have details of their seats. If you are interested in the ACES II seat take a look at viperpit.org Also take a look here http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/seats_1.htmYour project sounds interesting, any pictures? A web site?Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest allistah

>I have some really good pics if anyone wants to see.Hell yeah I'd love to see the pics of your setup. It sounds like you've done a great job with the limited conditions that you've been under! -Jaime

Guest Lucky

Thanks PoRrEkEI was thinking of using the base of a car seat so I have the option of moving the seat forward and backwards.The actual body of the seat I am going to make myself.Al

Guest Lucky

To Mike and JaimeYa I have lots of pics.I took them as I have been going along.I do not have a web site as of yet but I will post some pics under Luckys flight deck today.Thanks Al